Is email access no longer allowed when outside the country?
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

While traveling outside my country (I live in US, was traveling in Europe) my verizon.net email account stopped working. It worked fine (on my iPhone) and then one day started timing out. I tried accessing via webmail and, although I could sign in and see a little bit of the page, not even a full line of one email message could be viewed. This went on for the rest of my trip. When I found a "real computer" (PC with Windows), I could access webmail, but still not on Safari using my iPhone. I even tried totally deleting my Verizon email account on my iPhone and tried to set it up from scratch, but setup failed.

Now that I'm home, it works fine. So ... anybody know what's going on? (I did search Verizon support site, found nothing there). This was a big deal - since I did not get airline flight information, nor my FiOS voicemails that I had directed from my home phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is email access no longer allowed when outside the country?
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

Well, I just saw this thread (sorry to have missed it), http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/My-work-Around-till-Oversea-access-is-fixed-for-email...

looks like Verizon has actually blocked email access outside US. Wish they had told us! I can find absolutely nothing on Verizon support site about this.

I guess the best solution really is to just not use verizon.net email if you expect to travel overseas. I wouldn't mind so much just getting rid of my verizon.net account, but I find it very convenient to have my FiOS Voicemail go to email for access outside the country.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

Well, I just saw this thread (sorry to have missed it), http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/My-work-Around-till-Oversea-access-is-fixed-for-email...

looks like Verizon has actually blocked email access outside US. Wish they had told us! I can find absolutely nothing on Verizon support site about this.

I guess the best solution really is to just not use verizon.net email if you expect to travel overseas. I wouldn't mind so much just getting rid of my verizon.net account, but I find it very convenient to have my FiOS Voicemail go to email for access outside the country.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi djb,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes