Is the Verizon spam filter having problems? I'm suddenly being inundated.
Photoflash1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Normally, the Verizon spam filter does a pretty good job, but over the last week or so, I've suddenly become inundated with spam. 

Is the Verizon spam filter off line, broken, recently 'updated' or something else?

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Re: Is the Verizon spam filter having problems? I'm suddenly being inundated.
jdugan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes!!!  Much more is getting to my INBOX than is getting flagged as spam.  And while I can't be certain, even the stuff I flag as spam manually is not used for later detection.

vickinish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too! Does Verizon ever monitor and reply to this forum?

I find that multiple spams from the same source can be split, one in my inbox, one in the spam box. The filter seems to be very confused and the volume is also considerably increased.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@vickinish wrote:

Me too! Does Verizon ever monitor and reply to this forum?

I find that multiple spams from the same source can be split, one in my inbox, one in the spam box. The filter seems to be very confused and the volume is also considerably increased.

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. While there are some Verizon employees that occasionally post here, it is intended for users to help other users. There are options for contacting Verizon directly on their Contact Us page if you need direct assistance.

This will occur when the Spam Filter regards the message as spam, but you have the sender and/or domain in your Safe Senders list. (EX. If the spam is from <somename>@yahoo.com and you have yahoo.com in your Safe Senders list.) I'm not sure why it duplicates instead of just going to your inbox, but this is most likely the cause of what you are seeing.

Photoflash1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still getting lot of new spam daily, so I'm trying to see when/if Verizon fixes their problem (since exactly nothing changed in my email settings.)

0 Likes
Jackietools

Suddenly I cannot get email from Newegg. What is going on. I did not touch settings and have contacted Newegg. Keep saying I am on mailing list but get nothing. Started about 3 weeks ago. When I ask them to send to different email I get the emails. I have put the addresses as safe in the do not block box. What is going on here

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@Jackietools wrote:

Suddenly I cannot get email from Newegg. What is going on. I did not touch settings and have contacted Newegg. Keep saying I am on mailing list but get nothing. Started about 3 weeks ago. When I ask them to send to different email I get the emails. I have put the addresses as safe in the do not block box. What is going on here

Some valid email can be caught by the filter.  Do you have the spam detector set to delete messages or to put in a spam folder.  Because of the tendency for some valid email to be thought to be spam, I personally recommend having it put in spam folder and checking the folder for thinks that are not spam.

vickinish
Enthusiast - Level 2

The large volume of spam and the failure to place them in the spam folder has ceased. Clearly something was repaired at the Verizon end. The problem lasted about one week.

0 Likes
stevenc2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having so many problems with verizon email, i'm glad I'm not the only one.  But it's the opposite of what's reported here.  I have a closely held personal email that doesn't receive much in the way of spam ever. But starting last Tuesday, I noticed that: 

1.  I was not receiving replies from people that I was expecting messages from

2.  For certain replies to 1 or two people, my emails were blocked because of the threat that they contained "spam".  

I emailed verizon support and they had me send the email to a specific email address.  I also submitted the contacts' email address to their whitelist.  

however, today I'm seeing no improvement.  My colleagues have let me know that they've sent me emails that I'm not getting and some of my replies to people are not getting out because they're getting classified as SPAM.  

these are people that i've communicated with via email for years.  Something happened and Verizon isn't owning up to anything, nor are they giving any updates.  Any information from the user base would be most appreciated.  

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@stevenc2011 wrote:

I'm having so many problems with verizon email, i'm glad I'm not the only one.  But it's the opposite of what's reported here.  I have a closely held personal email that doesn't receive much in the way of spam ever. But starting last Tuesday, I noticed that: 

1.  I was not receiving replies from people that I was expecting messages from

2.  For certain replies to 1 or two people, my emails were blocked because of the threat that they contained "spam".  

I emailed verizon support and they had me send the email to a specific email address.  I also submitted the contacts' email address to their whitelist.  

however, today I'm seeing no improvement.  My colleagues have let me know that they've sent me emails that I'm not getting and some of my replies to people are not getting out because they're getting classified as SPAM.  

these are people that i've communicated with via email for years.  Something happened and Verizon isn't owning up to anything, nor are they giving any updates.  Any information from the user base would be most appreciated.  

Besure to add those senders to your Safe Senders list. This should allow their messages to come through.

0 Likes