Is there a Verizon email app / UI that is usable on Android tablets?
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

If you have such a tablet you've already discovered that the default webmail UI (browser-based) is barely usable. Among other deficiencies (at least on my Nexus 7 2013), you can't sign off because that link is off-screen.

I had hoped that Verizon would invest a small % of its revenue to provide a space-conserving UI but I have not found it. Even on my Windows tablet, the webmail UI wastes a lot of space and of course, there's less space on a 7" screen.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend an alternative mailer for Android that respects the limitations of the device?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a Verizon email app / UI that is usable on Android tablets?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@FWEhr wrote:

If you have such a tablet you've already discovered that the default webmail UI (browser-based) is barely usable. Among other deficiencies (at least on my Nexus 7 2013), you can't sign off because that link is off-screen.

I had hoped that Verizon would invest a small % of its revenue to provide a space-conserving UI but I have not found it. Even on my Windows tablet, the webmail UI wastes a lot of space and of course, there's less space on a 7" screen.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend an alternative mailer for Android that respects the limitations of the device?

Thanks!

Didn't your tablet come with an email app? You should be able to configure your Verizon account in that app.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@FWEhr wrote:

Thanks!

Didn't your tablet come with an email app? You should be able to configure your Verizon account in that app.

FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Well, duh Smiley Surprised - should have investigated. Setup of Verizon POP/SMTP was very easy on built-in Nexus app. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I use the built in app on both my Android phone and tablet. It worts great. I just have it configured to leave the mail on the server untiI connect with my main mail application, Outlook. My workstation has backup to the file server that runs nightly, anything you leave on Verizon's server is fair game to be read or lost.Smiley Happy