It's NOT Verizon....it's NOT AOL....ok guys....WHO's fault is it?!?!
MurphsWorld
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!!!

I can read and send email on aol.com with no issues.

I have been using Outlook for the past 20 years....and prefer Outlook vs html based email utilities (gmail, yahoo, aol etc).

I can RECEIVE email with no issue...using the AOL suggested port assignments....

but.....I CANNOT SEND email ?!?!?

Current settings are:

Email is:     xxxxx.xxxxxx@verizon.net   

Account Type: POP3

Incoming mail server (POP3😞 pop.verizon.net:995

Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 smtp.verizon.net:465

SSL is enabled

I have instituted AOL Two step authentication.

I have contacted Verizon by chat, initiating  it three times....all three engineers were left clueless.

The second engineer Pradeep suggested I install Windows Live Mail thus ruling out Outlook configuration. 

I tried this, and I still in fact receive the error, (this time with a little more details):

The connection to the server has failed. 

• Subject 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
  • Server: 'smtp.verizon.net'
  • Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
  • Protocol: SMTP
  • Port: 465
  • Secure(SSL): Yes
  • Socket Error: 10013

The last engineer suggested I reach out to Verizon advanced technical support......and guess what .....it's PAID SUPPORT!

Nice!!.........and NO...

I will not Pay for an issue AOL / Verizon are responsible for!

By the way…..I did nothing which started this……I’m assuming perhaps a Microsquish update was received and perhaps that is what kicked all this off.

Otherwise…I was sending and receiving with no issues…..(up till about a month ago).

Any input is appreciated!!!

0 Likes
Re: It's NOT Verizon....it's NOT AOL....ok guys....WHO's fault is it?!?!
jrs52

I'm seeing a similar issue with "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

0 Likes
Re: It's NOT Verizon....it's NOT AOL....ok guys....WHO's fault is it?!?!
MurphsWorld
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately....believe it or not....

This issue still exists.

If I want to send email....I have to remember to use the AOL mail server via mail.AOL.com

AOL kept putting it off to Verizon....

When I ended up getting advanced support from Verizon...they couldn't solve it...and....put me in touch with an even MORE advanced team....who said they could address it.

Believe I had to pay $100 down payment for their technical input!!!

(I don't remember the exact price....but...it was nasty..and....it's for THEM to fix a VERIZON issue....so I couldn't bring myself to pay it)

Not very happy....sorry you're experiencing the same ......**bleep**

😞

0 Likes