Keep Email Address after moving to Florida
mallethead
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

We successfully migrated our xxxxxx@verizon.net email accounts to AOL when we were required to do so by Verizon.  We did not "join" AOL but use the email service that Verizon moved us to.  We do not want to join AOL.

We are moving to Florida and they do not have Verizon and FIOS where we are going.

Does anyone know if we can keep using the AOL email service with our xxxxxxx@verizon.net email addresses after we close our local Verizon internet service?  It doesn't seem likely to me.

We don't want to keep xxxxxxxx@verizon.net forever - just a few months until we get all of our internet site accounts that use the @verizon.net email address switched over to our new provider or to gmail.

Unfortunately, the AOL email "help" is not available to us since we don't belong to AOL and I cannot find an answer to my question in the help search results.

Regards, Jerry

Re: Keep Email Address after moving to Florida
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

"We successfully migrated our xxxxxx@verizon.net email accounts to AOL when we were required to do so by Verizon.  We did not "join" AOL but use the email service that Verizon moved us to.  We do not want to join AOL."

because you did above...suggest you set up your new email NOW and send all your contacts your new email address AFTER you have FORWARDED your AOL mail to the new address.

In your present AOL look under Options>>General>>FORWARD TO.

0 Likes
Re: Keep Email Address after moving to Florida
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you can keep it. You can setup an AOL email account for free. So once you migrate your verizon.net email to AOL then it's with AOL. So you'll have that email address as long as AOL is around. That being said its always a good idea to have a second email account with another provider so you can forward important emails to it as a backup. 

0 Likes