Re: Keep verizon.net email
no_hs_dsl

Tried step # 2 a number of times and this error!!

We're Sorry

Verizon Your Domain is currently unavailable to customers who have chosen an online experience such as Verizon with Windows Live or Verizon Yahoo with their Broadband service. If you think this message is in error please call Verizon Customer Support.

Continue Shopping at http://surround.verizon.com/Shop/default.aspx
Also have tried to get the domain name by calling, they are uninformed, bad attitude or they keep hanging up the phone.  Probably, the worst customer service if you can call that ... 
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@no_hs_dsl wrote:

Tried step # 2 a number of times and this error!!

We're Sorry

Verizon Your Domain is currently unavailable to customers who have chosen an online experience such as Verizon with Windows Live or Verizon Yahoo with their Broadband service. If you think this message is in error please call Verizon Customer Support.

Continue Shopping at http://surround.verizon.com/Shop/default.aspx
Also have tried to get the domain name by calling, they are uninformed, bad attitude or they keep hanging up the phone.  Probably, the worst customer service if you can call that ... 

That error means your account is linked to a "portal partner" - You won't be able to get the service until that link is removed from your account. Contact Tech Support (options on Verizon's Contact Us page) and tell them you want the partner removed so you can order VYD. They will have to escalate a ticket to another department to get this done, and make sure that they document in the ticket that you want it removed specifically so you can purchase this service. This should be able to be completed in a day or so.

Bear in mind that if you are partnered with Yahoo, you will lose any mail, contacts, etc. you are storing online when the link is removed. (So I suggest having some form of backup, such as a pop3 client.)

Radiance1

Earlier in this thread there was a mention by Helpdesk of a $9.95per month dial up plan. I called Verizon today and the least expensive plan they said they have is $24.99 per month. Which is true?

0 Likes
mikesdawn

i want to keep my e mail address at {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
kparkhill

I have the same question.  Moving to Albuquerque - no FIOS.  Would like to keep my verizon.net email address which I could check from wireless.  Wondering if you have a limited service that would allow such a thing and what it would cost.  Better yet, bring FIOS to Albuquerque.  Thanks.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

You can use Verizon Your Domain.  Basic is $19.95 a year.

http://www22.verizon.com/home/utilities/domain-name/

Also possible that Verizon Wireless is available.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

For people that want a FAR easier way to place your order to keep your VZ.net email address, ignore ALLLLLL of the other links, and just go to www.keepmyemail.com

It's a verizon site made specifically for the purpose of keeping your email. 

Going and buying a domain without this process, is a broken process, that requires VZ involvement in most cases.

The link www.keepmyemail.com is made by verizon with the specific intention of keeping your vz.net email address.

What would you like to do?

Sign-up to retain my @verizon.net email address(es)
Order Verizon web hosting package
Both retain my @verizon.net email address(es) and order web hosting
*Please Note: If you have already ordered Verizon Your Domain Web Hosting you are already retaining your @verizon.net email address(es) in the event of a disconnect or move.

0 Likes
swanie1

I have tried to order this for 4 days - sending at least 10 hours and the website stops at confirm payment and will not process it!

HELp!  What to do??? I have spent nearly 4 hours today on line and on hone trying to get hel from verizon and no one can figure out how to hel.  Certainly there is a phone  number one can call to order this????????????????

HELP!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello swanie

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Garth3
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are best off creating a gmail or live account.  This way, no matter who you have for ISP, you will have an email address that works for you regardless of your connectivity.

0 Likes