Re: Keep verizon.net email
june606

0 Likes
june606

I will keep verizon net email for $20. a year as I was told by verizon service.

0 Likes
Judydelcol

What do i have to do to keep verizon email?

0 Likes
ayouya1

0 Likes
ayouya1

keep my verizon.net email

0 Likes
SLOWDOG1

I also have kept my verizon.net email address for $20 bucks a year.

But it was a nightmare because not many Verizon reps on the phone have any idea about this.

Go to this web page.   Do everything on the process, but for God sakes do NOT put in a disconnect order for your FIOS or whatever.

https://order.domains.verizon.net//index.php

DON'T ask for the disconnect until you get an email from verizon mydomains that they have accepted your request to keep the email address and have processed your $20 payment.

If you don't get the email in a week or two, call Verizon and INSIST that you be transferred to somebody in the mydomain section.   Worst case scenario...your request gets stalled somehow, but the my domains people CAN force it thru as they did for me.

Good luck.

PS: If it gets done, the address to access your email will be webmail.verizon.net and it should remember your user name (in my case firstname.lastname...but don't add the @verizon.net suffix.

By the way, I just got the email saying the credit card for verizon broadband is expiring.  I paid my 20 bucks for a year, so what the hell is this...another verizon mystery to be solved, and especilly so since the Verizon phone agent said there was no such service...which is funny because there is a description on a Verizon web site:

Essentials & Extras is described as:

Super charge your Internet experience with premium services, exclusive content and enhanced features. Experience the Internet like never before with Broadband Essentials such as all-in-one security and personalization tools, or with Broadband Extras like online gaming, music, movies, easy photo sharing, and more.

This was the first bit of the email....and the web page in the email is defunct.  I thought it might be a phishing email, and I am scanning my whole system for malware...but I think it's just Verizon nonsense.

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,
The credit/debit card you use to pay the monthly charges associated with your Verizon Broadband Essentials and Extras service will expire in 30 days. .

Please follow the steps below to update your payment method and ensure your Broadband Essentials and Extras service is not disrupted....
0 Likes
Suzan1

I would like to keep my verizon.net email address.  How do I do that?

thank you,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
whitesnk

I kept my email using this last sept.  How do I extend this for another year?  It won't let me do it online and every time I call in, I get disconned after being transfered over and over.

0 Likes
therightone5

I would like to keep my e-mail account for verizon at this time.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
AliceImhof

I had a huge problem when I switched to Comcast.  I did not notify Verizon yet because I wanted to see if I was happy with Comcast.  However, Comcast called Verizon immediately and they disconnected the 30 day grace period for keeping my verizon email in tact.  Just call and ask them how to activate and pay the $20.00 annnual fee to keep your email.  The website is www.keepmyemail.com and the product name is "My Domain".  Make sure you get your account number and save it.  If they say it is too late, they can re-open your emails by making up a new bogus phone number and walk you thru the process of saving your email for the annual fee of $20.00.  Just remember to call them back in a few days to make sure they deleted that bogus account.  They forgot to do it with me. My bills were coming in constantly under a new phone number which was not mine.  It took me 9 continuous hours to find someone who knew how to correct the situation.  I have to pay again as I am due.  The office is closed.  It is not a 24/7 request.  If I want to chat I cannot give them my acct number because that is not one of the questions/options they ask you.  So frustrating.  So just call during the day and ask them how to get to My Domain and to  the "keep my email" site.  I keep getting a message that my request cannot be processed at this time also...... hope this helps.

0 Likes