Keeping existing e-mail address when moving
MikeDuncan1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have FiOS service at my house and am using an e-mail address that I originally register before 2000.  I am moving to my new wife's house and she already has FiOS service.

Does anyone know if I can have my currrent e-mail address transferred to the new FiOS service number?

Regards, Mike

Re: Keeping existing e-mail address when moving
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Mike, if your wife has a primary e-mail on her account and she's keeping it  an option you have is to check out this link 

http://surround.verizon.net/Shop/Utilities/VerizonYourDomain.aspx  to keep your old e-mail address or create a sub account e-mail address adding a number to the end of it.
emailonthemove
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be moving shortly and must discontinue my FIOS service.  For a short period of time, I will be living in temporary housing, so I cannot establish another FIOS account at this time.  How do I discontinue my current FIOS connection and NOT discontinue my email account?

Thank you, PC

Scammedagain1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really good question. Same thing happened. Sold a house, cut-off fios. Two weeks earlier called to see if we could keep the email address. No Probs. The day we moved out called to get it sorted. Sorry - can't do it. You're toast. Have made about 20 calls (minimum) to various 800, 888 and 877 #'s and they're closed except 9-6 mon - fri (where are Indian call centers when you need them!!). The solution seems to be DSL (no FIOS here) $20 connection, $39/Mo and $20 to keep your email address for a year. KaChing!!  So the verizon way. Mis-inform, overcharge, deny, blame the customer. All one company - Verizon - Fios-wireless. unless you  move to a different state, or want one bill, or expect them to be able to transfer you or help you with anything.. Also, check your bill EVERY MONTH. They will overcharge you.

Another satisfied customer. If a verizon person is looking at this and can help the previous poster or myself -t would be a big surprise and appreciated.

SA

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello Scammedagain,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

Thank you for your participation in the Verizon Forums!

KaLin