Switch Account

Keeping my Email address from Comcast?

Keeping my Email address from Comcast?

SOLVED
Copper Contributor mrgooch
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(4,902 Views)

Is it possible to use my soon to be old email address with @comcast.net even though I will no longer have a Comcast account? I  use Windows Live Mail.

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Message 2 of 4
(4,860 Views)

@mrgooch wrote:

@IS it possible to use my soon to be old email address with @COMCAST.net even though I will no longer have a Comcast account? I  use Windows Live Mail.

I'm not certain there's an established policy on this.  However I found recently that, having cancelled my old Comcast services and accounts over 18 months ago, I can still log in to comcast.net, and I still have an occasional email forwarded from my old ("cancelled") Comcast email accounts.  I suspect this is pretty much standard ISP procedure, but I've never seen anything official on such a policy.

Remember you can always subscribe to online services specifically designed to maintain an email address even though you do not subscribe to the related ISP.

Additional information:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%...

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 3 of 4
(4,844 Views)

You might get better information if you asked Comcast/Comcast users about this. It's up to Comcast whether or not they disable your email account; Verizon has no control over it.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Contributor LadyCas
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(3,775 Views)

Is it possible to have Verizon FIOS TV Cable service and keep Comcast just for internet/ email service at the same time?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.