Keeping verizon.net address
jp0001

I have just canceled my verizon account due to a move and realized my wife's email address was canceled as well.  Is there any way to re-establish her verizon.net address

0 Likes
Re: Keeping verizon.net address
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Once you cancel your account your email gets deactivated.  Its gone.  Sorry

0 Likes
jp0001

Unbelievable!  I wish they would mention this when you call to cancel.  I cancelled my subscribtion years ago from a provider and was able to keep my email address which I still use today.  What i also find incredible is that over 6 hrs of talking (mainly on hold) with verizon, nobody could tell me this.  They were completely CLUELESS.  Verizon wireless is a great service, unfortunately I have not had the same experience with fios

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

You can still keep the email you just need to setup the domain service I think its $20 a year to keep the email address Verizon Domain check that out it should resolve your problem

0 Likes
HEZ1

Will I be able to retrieve emails lost by deactivation if I do the Verizon Domain thing?

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds perfectly normal to me ... if you cancel service, you cancel service.   Why wouldn't they delete everything related to your account with them?  

This is one of the reasons why I advise people to NOT use provider supplied email addresses.   Sure, it's a nice service, but if for whatever reason you ever need to change providers (move, better/faster deal elsewhere, financial circumstances beyond your control, etc.), you don't need to worry about going around telling all your friends and neighbors about a new email address.  Hotmail, Gmail, and numerous other providers all provide ISP agnostic (and free) mail services and for those looking for something a bit more personal -- a domain registration thru a registrar like GoDaddy will often come with the option to add on either mail forwarding or POP/IMAP mail services for a small fee.  Once you make that break, you never have to change your email address again.

I only use my @verizon.net address for communications from Verizon itself and for occasional "throw away" addresses that I use for online shopping, etc where I'm not sure to whom they might sell my address down the road.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Check the Verizon Terms of Service here. You agreed to them when you signed up for the service.

Specifically, Section 9 (TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF SERVICE), item 2 (Deletion of Data upon Termination).

YOU AGREE THAT IF YOUR SERVICE IS TERMINATED FOR ANY REASON, VERIZON HAS THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY DELETE ALL DATA, FILES AND OTHER INFORMATION (INCLUDING EMAILS, ADDRESS BOOK AND WEB STORAGE CONTENT) STORED IN OR FOR YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE TO YOU.

(Yes, it's printed in all caps on the TOS; I didn't change it.)

Yes, the Verizon agents should have been able to give you that information, but you really should read the TOS of any service you sign up for.

0 Likes