Re: Keeping verizon.net email and alias
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thank you. I updated it with actual values.
0 Likes
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3
The form was updated as requested. Thank you for helping out.
0 Likes
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just noticed that my issue is fixed and alias is working.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad your email was restored, and everything is good to go now.

Let us know if you ever need any assistance in the future! We're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
squidbait

0 Likes
chrismon1

I read through quickly, but did you try this route?  It keeps your mailbox alive - for a small yearly fee.  Although there are limits at the basic level.

http://www.verizon.com/home/utilities/domain-name/

I think it's easier to do before your are "disconected"
 but it's worth noting that all might not be lost after the disconect as they probably don't do email cleanup that quickly.

I left Verizon for three years, and went I went back my email was still there I had them give me that address when I signed up with FIOS.   ( I never paid anything to keep the email going)

hook me back up

0 Likes
JSHOJI

I'm having a problem with Keep My Email. com 

I'm cancelling my internet, cable and phone with Verizon due to poor customer service problems.  But on my way out I wanted to keep my verizon email address as I've had it for many years.  They told me I could keep it if I pay 19.95 per year to Keep my Email.com.   So I paid the fee and signed up for it.  Called Verizon to make sure all was good before cancelling the internet because I did not want to lose the email.  Well, on the day of cancellation, no emails flowed into my phone and webmail was no longer accessible for me.  I've tried calling customer service and as usual. . . I get the run around.  No one knows how to resolve it.  They cancelled my account so the emails cannot come through.  It's now 10 days and still can't get my emails.  Someone stayed on the phone with me over one hour calling different departments at customer service to try to help me but no luck.  They said they finally put in a trouble ticket and will be resolved in two weeks?   I don't have much confidence in this. so I'm wondering if you can help me resolve this issue as you seem to understand how it all works at verizon.

Appreciate any help you can provide me so that I can relieve myself of this headache.

June

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

JSHOJI,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

JSHOJI,

We have closed  your private support thread due to no response from you. We hope you were able to take care of your issue elsewhere. Feel free to make a new thread anytime you need our help.

-Jose_VZ

0 Likes
johnrscreenname

ericnyc:

I am currently experiencing the identical situation as you did back in June 2013.  So, I'm browsing the forum for similar issues.  You wrote that the alias is working again, which is good, but your original goal was to be able to get a subaccount with that alias name in the end.  Did that ever happen?

@ericnyc wrote:

I just noticed that my issue is fixed and alias is working.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Likes