Large Email Issues
Bobby-Taylor

I use Outlook, works fine except large emails.   If I receive an email (200-400K) from someone, it take hours to receive it.  Outlook just keeps chugging along...   Other emails just back up in queue behind it.   I stop Outlook, go to the web interface in Verizon and delete the big message, then restart Outlook.  Email messages (10K, 60K, 70K in size) are received within a minute.   Last test I received 10 messages that totaled around 200K, they all came in fine.   Appears big messages get stuck?    I can send emails with 1-2MB attachments, but if I try to send 3-4MB messages they act the same as the receive problem, they get stuck....  Outlook will try for hours to upload them....  Outlook settings are all correct.  I tried this on two different machines, same DSL line, problem is the same on both.  Appears to be line / account with Verizon.   Internet connection seems to be fine.   Can someone point me in the right direction / help?  

0 Likes
Re: Large Email Issues
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello Bobby-Taylor,

Sorry for the trouble you are having with email. I have sent you a private message, please respond wehn you have a moment.

Thanks,

Shamika_VZ

Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Check your Virus scanner.

I sometimes have the same problem and its the virus scan that holds it up. To make sure I turned off the virus scanner, then the emails came in fine. then once they were downloaded I then manually ran the virus scan on them to make sure that they were OK. But on large emails for some reason the Email scanner on my AV just kept it bottled up.

Justin46
Legend

@spacedebris wrote:

Check your Virus scanner.

I sometimes have the same problem and its the virus scan that holds it up. To make sure I turned off the virus scanner, then the emails came in fine. then once they were downloaded I then manually ran the virus scan on them to make sure that they were OK. But on large emails for some reason the Email scanner on my AV just kept it bottled up.

Intereesting! I have not experienced that with Avast anti-virus; what AV are you using? Might be useful for others to know.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Bobby-Taylor

Thanks, tried that, same problem.....

0 Likes