Left pane disappeared in Webmail on IE11
hecatedoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Running on a new Win 8.1 computer and went to the webmail.verizon.net page to tweak a few settings, and the entire left pane (where the folders are in conversations and where all the settings categories are in settings) is gone! Just blank. So the only settings I can see are Display, since that's the first to load in the right pane.

Immediately checked on two old XP computers, running an older IE8 and Firefox, the latest, and it works perfectly on both. It's just on the Win 8.1 computer with the new IE that it doesn't work. Anyone else? Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Left pane disappeared in Webmail on IE11
Speedy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

In IE you will need to go into "Tools/Compatibility View Settings" and add Verizon.com that should fix it.

View solution in original post

Weaver2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem since I upgraded to Windows 8.1.

0 Likes
hecatedoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good to hear it's not me. But odd that no one official has bothered to respond....lots of people have "ugraded" to 8.1. and now find webmail unusable...something for VZ to take seriously, no?

0 Likes
Speedy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

In IE you will need to go into "Tools/Compatibility View Settings" and add Verizon.com that should fix it.

hecatedoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, Speedy!, that did it!!! How amazing that a major company like VZ doesn't update their sites; they must have gotten quite a few complaints about this. You've solved it, although of course Compatibility View is really a workaround.

0 Likes
CharlieTiger

Thanks!  That worked.  My desktop and laptop both updated yesterday and the left panel under webmail had disappeared.

0 Likes
beckysue3

Thank you Speedy1! Verizon, thanks for nothing.

0 Likes
roberta999

I thought I did something wrong and deleted the whole left pane.  Thank you Speedy1. You are terrific 🙂 

0 Likes