Limited number of outgoing emails
spencersgranny1

I am about to go back to Brighthouse and leave Verizon as they have a limit of 500 emails in an hour. If I send out 5 emails to everyone on my contact list I am over and get blocked.  I am tired of this as it makes me have to be very selective of who I send emails too. I only go on once a day to send out emails and I have many that I like to forward to friends and family. I never had this problem when I was with Brighthouse, I pay for email service and it should be my business how many I chose to send.

0 Likes
Re: Limited number of outgoing emails
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

They are trying to combat the problem of spam. Although it may be inconvenient to log on several times a day to send email they are just trying to protect as many users as possible.

0 Likes
Re: Limited number of outgoing emails
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Brighthouse also limits you. 

You can send email to 1,000 recipients per day per IP on the outbound email servers - See more at: http://support.brighthouse.com/Article/Outbound-Email-Policy-Road-Runner-1687/#sthash.J3vE5Z5I.dpuf

Verizon limit is 500 an hour or 12,000 a day.

Similar limits are on many of the email providers.

Businesses and Organizations can get a different level service.  Pretty much no ordinary user gets near such limits.

0 Likes