Mac Mail Client not sending or receiving Verizon.net email
splintermathwoo

Is the inability of my mac client to send or receive verizon.net email due to some strange migration of verizon to google services?

I am supremely confused. Is verizon of a mind that customers should pay them $ 20 a month to have their email go through google? It might take a month, but I can switch all of my email to a gmail account, currently at no cost.

Very strange. I would really love to know why/how my client can't reach verizon.net email. And who thought that around Christmas was the best time to roll out this situation.

Thanks a mucho, Merry Celebrations!

Mark

0 Likes
Re: Mac Mail Client not sending or receiving Verizon.net email
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@splintermathwoo wrote:

Is the inability of my mac client to send or receive verizon.net email due to some strange migration of verizon to google services?

I am supremely confused. Is verizon of a mind that customers should pay them $ 20 a month to have their email go through google? It might take a month, but I can switch all of my email to a gmail account, currently at no cost.

Very strange. I would really love to know why/how my client can't reach verizon.net email. And who thought that around Christmas was the best time to roll out this situation.

Thanks a mucho, Merry Celebrations!

Mark

This is a peer-to-peer support board. You're going to have to provide more detail if you want help here, because based on what you've posted, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Are you getting an error? What makes you think this is about Google?

0 Likes
Re: Mac Mail Client not sending or receiving Verizon.net email
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Is your Mac setup with the new email settings?

• Incoming mail server (POP3😞 pop.verizon.net
  • Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 smtp.verizon.net
  • Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465 
  • Your Verizon Online user name
  • Your Verizon Online password
  • Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.
0 Likes