Mac user so frustrated with Verizon's email settings
cupidrn43

Help!  I switched over from BrightHouse to Verizon Fios about 10 months ago.  The salesman was told that the one deal breaker with this switch is that I MUST HAVE top of the line internet as I had had with Bright House.  I have had nothing but problems with receiving and sending emails to my verizon account, my yahoo account and I also have a school pop3live.com account.  I have called multiple times for tech support.  The last time the tech told me that verizon is not compatible with MAC.  This is NOT an option.  Last night the email would not receive so I went to bed.  I got up this morning and it is working.  It is the same on my IPHONE.  If it wasn't for having to stay on the phone forever and then wait for the service person to come, I would take up Bright House to pay the early termination fees and go back.  Please help!  Is anyone else this frustrated.  

0 Likes
Re: Mac user so frustrated with Verizon's email settings
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mac's work just fine with Verizon.  I'm typing this reponse on a MBP 15" right now.  If you want some help with you mail settings, you're going to need to be a bit more specific about what is and is not working for you.   Since your note implies that your mail wasn't working last night, but now it is ... is it possible that you either were not on the network properly (could you bring up websites at the same time?) or that maybe there was a temporary server issue?

If you provide more detail on exactly each account you're trying to access and the mail client you are using (are you using i.Mail or Thunderbird, or something else), you will likely find folks here willing to help.

RTorg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, mac user.  Lasagna is correct.  It's a matter of finding out what specific incoming and outgoing server settings are needed for each email program or service (e.g., @me.com; @ gmail.com; @hotmail.com, etc.) you are using.  I use Mac Mail and have 4 email accounts aggregated there.  Usually a posting on this forum or some online searching will help locate the settings for a specific email service. So hang in there, mac user.  Macs work great.Smiley Wink

cupidrn43

Thank you for your reply.  I have 4 accounts in Mac Mail as well.  I have had to take my edu account out because Mac mail continues to reject the password.  I have been online with tech support 4 times and each time they take possession of my computer but have yet to fix the problem.  It might work one day and the next day will not receive or send email.  Lately my iphone is doing the same thing.  Yahoo server will work now but Verizon account does not.  I'm a busy professional that has quite a bit of computer knowledge as well as a graduate student and fulltime healthcare professional.  I do not have time to continue to call Verizon tech support for something that should work.  If this issue isn't resolved soon, I'm calling brighthouse as they are offering to pay early termination fees.  This is not acceptable to have so much difficulty with assessing what I am paying for.  I have even gone as far as going through the keychain and taking everything out and starting from the beginning.  

Thanks for the support.  I am a Mac user and am not going back to PC's.  If anything has to switch it will be the server, not the computer.  I love MAC!  

0 Likes
cupidrn43

Btw - My accounts are 

@verizon.net

@yahoo.com

@gmail.com

@knights.ucf.edu

The two problem accounts are the knights.ucf.edu account and verizon.net account

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

It would also be helpful to know what error you are getting when it fails.