Re: Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long
mcaranci
Enthusiast - Level 3

If somegirl is correct that verizon.net and yahoo.verizon.net use separate mail servers, AND if your mom is having problems (as am I) with verizon.net, then obviously the problem is with verizon.net, despite all the claims of their support group.

When my e-mail handle got inadvertently wiped out last January, it took me over three weeks of e-mails, phone calls, chats, etc. to make someone at VZ even understand what my problem was, let alone fix it. I wish the scripts VZ puts in front of its support crew would all vanish into cyberspace, so the support people would then have to actually listen to your problem and then THINK about it before reading from some **bleep** canned response.

I've had verizon.net for almost 5 years now. The first year - I was on DSL that year - their service was flawless. My problems with verizon.net began after a couple of years into my FiOS experience. No matter; my e-mail account never changed. But VZ's reliability for its mail servers has suffered somehow.

cschanno

I'm also having this problem, but strictly on the receiving side.  I belong to a number of Yahoo groups and have the mail sent to one of Verizon addresses.  For the past week or so, I've been getting maybe 2 in 5 of the emails posted to the groups.  I have tried whitelisting Yahoo Group, but that hasn't helped.

The error message is appearing in the Yahoo Groups page when I review my membership.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
FloridaMike

The same thing is happening to a neighbor of mine.  He has been getting these messages for several years now.  He can forward the bounced message to me at the same address and it goes through.  Also, he sends several messages a week with no problem... ???  I don't have any forwarding setup and I don't believe my neighbor does either.

Here is the latest bounced message:

Subject: Failure Notice

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<xxx@verizon.net>:
Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Received: from [98.139.212.146] by nm49.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Jun 2013 19:55:28 -0000
Received: from [98.139.212.219] by tm3.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Jun 2013 19:55:28 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1028.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Jun 2013 19:55:28 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: 341234.15475.bm@omp1028.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
Received: (qmail 9151 invoked by uid 60001); 8 Jun 2013 19:55:28 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1370721328; bh=yrKDuOyMzVn58+7NVs1K0jjom1E0l1Riv5qw9QbPryM=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=S+/rBGbnMf6EhVJK2rZ2qoUXCVA4rYbD8Tb8d4H8Mjob6dHN+yfA6dwWPIaO6XoUiRqp1WemISw9WwxvmgBZVTHdWiJxAUDJRZgFmTsMVBtdilU1a6IMJRbBqjBw6ONln5cZfrG5u4jfbpDle8k/oxyvhBxbLqewsnTihkGN4ns=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
 s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
 h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

etc.......

Has anyone got any ideas why this is still happening?

Thanks,

MikeG

0 Likes