Mail to Comcast address blocked as spam by Comcast
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Hello, starting about a day ago, email to recipient with domain comcast.net, is blocked and bounced by Comcast. Sample bounce message below:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

xxxxxxx@comcast.net:
554: resimta-po-35v.sys.comcast.net resimta-po-35v.sys.comcast.net 74.6.135.42 Comcast block for spam. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000000

The reference Comcast URL suggests their spam filters associate the sending Yahoo IP as a spam creator. Separate question why the hell AOL is using Yahoo for transport. Anyone else seeing this problem or can offer a workaround? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Mail to Comcast address blocked as spam by Comcast
jonjones1
Legend

AOL and yahoo are now part of something called Verizon oath.

the range of ip addresses or blocks of addresses are probably listed on the RBL 

or at Spamhaus as sending spam.

you could try getting another IP address or MX from Verizon (yahoo) but I don’t think they will do it.

www.spamhaus.org I think is Steve Lindfords service. It tells you how to get your block list removed. You can also check to see if your isp is listed.

0 Likes
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for responding. But, as a lowly pond-scum FiOS customer, I don't understand how I could do anything. If I read the headers correctly, Comcast is objecting to the yahoo.com IP over which I imagine I have absolutely no control. If I misunderstand the situation, I'd appreciate your guidance.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@FWEhr wrote:

Thank you for responding. But, as a lowly pond-scum FiOS customer, I don't understand how I could do anything. If I read the headers correctly, Comcast is objecting to the yahoo.com IP over which I imagine I have absolutely no control. If I misunderstand the situation, I'd appreciate your guidance.

There is a problem in that if email is provided as “Free” there really isn’t anything you can do because it’s presented as is. But the best solution is to get a better email client like GMail or Outlook which have free and paid versions. The free will do.

if it’s just Comcast that is blocking your email simply change your email provider.

yahoo and AOL are loaded with spam and spammers. It was this way before Verizon acquired them so it will not get better.

i would simply change your email to gmail and notify your friends of your new email address and domain.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes