Mailserver Blocked 571
GeneralProbe

Hello, I run a mailserver at hetzner hosting in germany. since I got a customer now who has a verizon emailadress, I tried to send her a message but my mailserver said the following ;

host relay.verizon.net[206.46.232.11] refused to
    talk to me: 571 Email from 5.9.214.230 is currently blocked by Verizon
    Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may
    visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block.

after that i tried to use the whitlist form your website when things got VERY dubious. the (probably automatic) reply of the whitelisting script was:

No Reverse Hostname associated with your IP address.

This is simply not true since as you see down here my mailserver mail.adiumentum.de has a rdns for ipv4 and ipv6

host mail.adiumentum.de

mail.adiumentum.de has address 5.9.214.230
mail.adiumentum.de has IPv6 address 2a01:4f8:162:63ae::52:223

host 5.9.214.230
230.214.9.5.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mail.adiumentum.de.

host 2a01:4f8:162:63ae::52:223
3.2.2.0.2.5.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.e.a.3.6.2.6.1.0.8.f.4.0.1.0.a.2.ip6.arpa domain name pointer mail.adiumentum.de.

I tried to reach out to abuse@verizon.net but got no answer. (this is really bad ...)

I really dont know what to do now, maybe you can help me to whitelist my IPs in your system since I run my mailserver for 10 years now without any complaints.

Microsofts Smart Network Data Service has my IPs whitelisted within 5 minutes. My IPs are whitelisted here https://www.dnswl.org/ also no spam database had me listed at any moment.

Please Help ...

Martin

0 Likes
Re: Mailserver Blocked 571
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi GeneralProbe,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes