Major AOL issues today - Anyone else having problems?
laddie3

I migrated to AOL 2 days ago - all seemed well, i could access my mail via web site and also by AOL app on iphone.

Yesterday - Iphone app started saying 'PASSWORD NOT RIGHT' - so i reset the password .  Again was able to log in on web site. 

But the app kept giving the same error.

Just  called the AOL Service line- FOR REFERENCE YOU SHOULD ALL NOTE THIS - it is hard to find on any site - 800-827-6364

After being on hold for 20 minutes, the agent started to say 'We have a problem in some syncronization with  the mobile app' - and started to say 'uninstall your AOL app and reinstall it' - then the call was unceremoniously cut off. 

WAY TO GO VERIZON/AOL. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE>

Anyway that  may have fixed it?  Any one else having problems?

0 Likes
Re: Major AOL issues today - Anyone else having problems?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a major failure, for some Verizon users in some area on 5/8/17.  It effected both those who had been converted to AOL and those who weren't. 

Not sure what the problem was, but others were not effected.  I didn't see any problems and I am a Frontier Verizon/AOL email user in Florida.  For me both the mail.aol.com and the pop.verizon.net/smtp.verizon.net worked all through the outages others reported.

0 Likes