×

Switch Account

Make it actually useful

Make it actually useful

Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-21-2012
Message 1 of 9
(1,428 Views)

Your online account management interface is the god awfulest thing imaginable.  It is impossible to use, impossible to navigate.  All I want to do is create a couple of email accounts, and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it. 

 

I couldn't help but notice that any screen name I tried to create for this forum that indicated unhappiness was "not available."

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,175
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
Message 2 of 9
(1,422 Views)

@onlyhappynames wrote:

Your online account management interface is the god awfulest thing imaginable.  It is impossible to use, impossible to navigate.  All I want to do is create a couple of email accounts, and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it. 

 

I couldn't help but notice that any screen name I tried to create for this forum that indicated unhappiness was "not available."


I am not going to defend the new interface, I don't like it, but I'm sorry, I don't understand your problem. Do you not see this when you mouse over My Verizon:

 

Image 608.jpg

 

And when you click on Manage My Sub Accounts, do you not see this:

 

Image 609.jpg

 

Clcking on Add New Sub Account should let you do what you want - it doesn't? 

 

Further explanation of your problem might help us help you.

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV, 25/25 Internet, and Digital Voice user
QIP7232, QIP7100-P2, IMG 1.9.1
Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Posts: 1,416
Registered: ‎04-10-2012
Message 3 of 9
(1,408 Views)

@onlyhappynames wrote:

...I couldn't help but notice that any screen name I tried to create for this forum that indicated unhappiness was "not available."


Are you entirely sure that this is a Verizon issue?  Sounds more like a "glass half empty" thingie.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,175
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
Message 4 of 9
(1,402 Views)

@armond_in_nj wrote:

@onlyhappynames wrote:

...I couldn't help but notice that any screen name I tried to create for this forum that indicated unhappiness was "not available."


Are you entirely sure that this is a Verizon issue?  Sounds more like a "glass half empty" thingie.


Probably only the Moderators here can definitively answer this, but I am pretty sure Verizon implemented filtering on user names to prevent obscene names. At times people have registered here using rather creative but obscene names. It is certainly possible that Verizon may have chosen to expand the use of filters to words not expressly obscene but also uncomplimentary. It is their site, their perogative IMO.

 

Or of course there is other option; with many millions of customers, any of whom may have chosen to register, all of those relatively few "unhappy" words he tried may have already been used. Smiley Very Happy

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV, 25/25 Internet, and Digital Voice user
QIP7232, QIP7100-P2, IMG 1.9.1
Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-26-2012
Message 5 of 9
(1,324 Views)

I'm also having the same issue with the new site. I'm having a hard time getting to where i want to go to view my phone calls, voice mail even the regular tv page. The old interface was more direct than the new one. Don't like it.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎06-19-2009
Message 6 of 9
(1,315 Views)

@roferrer75 wrote:

I'm also having the same issue with the new site. I'm having a hard time getting to where i want to go to view my phone calls, voice mail even the regular tv page. The old interface was more direct than the new one. Don't like it.


I agree with you on that. It took me a while to find the FDV call logs on the website the other day. I'd done it before and it was much easier. Tried it from my TV, but they don't download as many records as you can get online.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Posts: 588
Registered: ‎12-22-2009
Message 7 of 9
(1,302 Views)

All the "Unhappy names" have already been used!!!

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Posts: 1,416
Registered: ‎04-10-2012
Message 8 of 9
(1,294 Views)

@roferrer75 wrote:

... I'm having a hard time getting to where I want to go to view my phone calls, voice mail even the regular tv page ...


 

Strange.  It's only a single click away on any page.

Just "mouse over" the big red "MyVerizon" at the top of every page, and under "My Services" click on "Check My Voicemails."  This takes you to all the phone features, including call lists, all settings, etc..  I've found that every service and setting I need can be reached from the slide-down menu at the top of every page, although it does at times take a little  digging.
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎06-19-2009
Message 9 of 9
(1,265 Views)

@armond_in_nj wrote:

@roferrer75 wrote:

... I'm having a hard time getting to where I want to go to view my phone calls, voice mail even the regular tv page ...


 

Strange.  It's only a single click away on any page.

Just "mouse over" the big red "MyVerizon" at the top of every page, and under "My Services" click on "Check My Voicemails."  This takes you to all the phone features, including call lists, all settings, etc..  I've found that every service and setting I need can be reached from the slide-down menu at the top of every page, although it does at times take a little  digging.


I find your reply amusing. You try to tell us that everything is easy to find but close by admitting that stuff can be hard to find.

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.