Re: Message to change POP settings
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@verizcust wrote:

...I changed the POP settings to 465 and 995.  My Verizon email did not work ... Then I used the default POP settings in Outlook Express and I was able to send and receive ... 

If you give the specifics of your setup (in detail), perhap a volunteer here will be able to come up with some ideas.  Browser, email client, operating system, settings in detail, hardware, changes recently made, etc.  Just a start.

0 Likes
finiteguy

I also made these changes and it didn't work. This is all a big nuisance. Why does Verizon have to hassle us by making these stupid changes. Maybe I should dump verizon and go back to comcast.

@panyab wrote:

I tried this several times yesterday and again today. My iPhone message is, "The mail server "pop.verizon.net" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings."  Doesn't work on my friend's iPhone either, so I know it's not just me.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Iphone users MUST completely shut down their phones and start them again for these changes to work.

And you really must make the changes before they shutdown the old servers.

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://email.about.com/od/windowsemailclients/tp/free_email_prog.htm   this is a list of the top 10 best free email clients

i personally like windows mail and windows live.

0 Likes
mamacatb

my iphone won't work with the new settings either.

0 Likes
mamacatb

I turned mine on and off but it still didn't work...

0 Likes
bolts1

If one is uncertain whether or not a technical request is valid, why would one consider clicking on a link provided to verify that it is valid? It would be like getting an email from your bank from an AOL address and then clicking on the link provided and giving them your bank account's pin number.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bolts wrote:

If one is uncertain whether or not a technical request is valid, why would one consider clicking on a link provided to verify that it is valid? It would be like getting an email from your bank from an AOL address and then clicking on the link provided and giving them your bank account's pin number.

The email didn't suggest clicking on a link, it suggested that you manually go to the Verizon Announcements page.

CarlAylman

Have changed the settings on my iPad and iPhone per the directions from Verizon and they are both working at this hour.  Changed the settings on my iMac using Apple Mail, and I can receive email but I cannot send any email!!  Very frustrating.  Verizon, what gives?

0 Likes
Davis2451
Cycling power did not help. However I found under 'Advanced' / 'Authentication' if I select 'Password' my ipad verizon email now works.
0 Likes