Microsoft Outlook email problem
martirae
Enthusiast - Level 2

We prefer to use Outlook for our Verizon.net email.  Two days ago, after being able to open and read new emails that morning, we suddenly started getting a popup box telling us to sign in with our password.  Would not accept the password.  Have tried changing the port numbers, nothing works.  Sometimes it says it cannot connect to the server, but always says it doesn't recognize the user name and password.  Contacted Verizon Support, and after 2+ hours on the phone, with her deleting the existing account and creating a new one, she could not correct the problem.  We can access our email by logging onto Verizon/Yahoo, but I prefer the way email looks in Outlook.  Any ideas as to why it is doing this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Microsoft Outlook email problem
martirae
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I logged on this morning, Outlook email was working again.  So, it fixed itself.  Don't know how or why, just glad it's working again.  Thanks for all of your input, I really appreciate it!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you using, incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net     my server requires authentication checked, SSL checked and poort 995 incoming, port 465 outgoing?    

Tried unchecking ssl and using 110 incoming and 587 outgoing?      same user and password that logs you into the website?

If you're 100% confident all your basic settings are fine, then Microsoft does have an issue with their product, that you might look at and try to use the recommended fix.

Outlook 2007 prompts you repeatedly for a password under certain network conditions

Describes a problem in which Outlook 2007 may silently enter Offline mode if you do not enter a correct password. You do not receive an error message or a notification, and you will not be connected to the mailbox. Provides a resolution.
I would just click fixit for me and then restart your pc after, and try it again.  
0 Likes
martirae
Enthusiast - Level 2

My settings agree with what you listed.  However, my computer is old and the version of Outlook that I am using is 2003.  I used the Microsoft Fix-it and it did not correct the problem.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949917

To resolve this problem, submit a request to Microsoft Online Customer Services to obtain the hotfix. To submit an online request to obtain the hotfix, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

that is the 2003 one.  give that a whirl.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

and just to be on the same page, when you log into email at verizon.net, it redirects you to yahoo email?

0 Likes
martirae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it directs me to Yahoo, which incidentally I do not like, email.  I will try the link you listed for 2003.  Thanks.  I'll be sure to let you know if that fixes it. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well, that might be a fix, if you get rid of yahoo.   It will lose all emails contacts etc... that are saved on the verizon yahoo webpage, but if you have all that downloaded to your PC then that is no big deal.  

if you do that, don't forget to change your incoming and outgoing settings. 

the new ones would be incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net

0 Likes
martirae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I am going crosseyed reading, but still have not fixed the problem.  Couldn't seem to figure out how to request the hot fix.  I'll try again tomorrow when my brain is fresh.  Thanks.

0 Likes
martirae
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I logged on this morning, Outlook email was working again.  So, it fixed itself.  Don't know how or why, just glad it's working again.  Thanks for all of your input, I really appreciate it!

0 Likes