Moving an email address from Alias status to a sub-account fails
Researcher99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to separate my wife's emails from mine. I removed her email address located as an Alias account with DELETE and tried to make that address a sub-account. Now, the status indicates her address is not available. The system offers a new address which will not work for me. Verizon repair said the email address has to be reset which could take some time. Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong? Why would this happen?

0 Likes
Re: Moving an email address from Alias status to a sub-account fails
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

When you delete an email username or alias, it stays locked in Verizon's system for up to 6 months. They may be able to release it for you, but odds are they will probably just restore it to the same account, since that's their policy.

Researcher99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you "Somegirl" for your reply. That's exactly what Verizon did.

0 Likes
lmccarty

Is it possible to make the primary user name alias a sub-account, and then create a new alias with out first deleting it?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@lmccarty wrote:

Is it possible to make the primary user name alias a sub-account, and then create a new alias with out first deleting it?

The short answer is no.

Verizon has pretty strict policies in place for moving usernames/aliases from one account to another, and specifically about moving them from one account type to another.

Without an incredibly convincing excuse for the move request, odds are they won't allow it.

0 Likes