Re: Thunderbird SSL Account Definitions - Check For Updated Information
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can receive only with the old settings. i can't send out with either set of settings.

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol try incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net just fyi the pop3.verizon.net is not gonna work until the email server changes those setting on there end.same with smpt

0 Likes
Re: Mozilla Thunderbird SSL Account Definitions for verizon.net Email Accounts
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3
Incoming/Outgoing Mail Server Settings
Incoming Mail Server (POP3)pop.verizon.net
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)smtp.verizon.net
Incoming/Outgoing Mail Server Port Settings
Incoming Mail Server (POP3) Port995

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Port

Quick Links
Auto Set Up your Email Account       GOOD JOB VERIZON LOL
Add an Additional Email Account
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lilhighway wrote:

lol try incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net just fyi the pop3.verizon.net is not gonna work until the email server changes those setting on there end.same with smpt

I'm sorry, your statement is just completely wrong, the new settings for pop and smtp do work, have for quite a while.

I just verified in Thunderbird once again that the settings for sending and receiving do work. Here are the server definitions I have that work:

I of course have blanked out any personal identification information.

Everyone should keep in mind that the first time you try to access your email with these definitions you are going to have to enter your password. And unless you tell Thunderbird to remember your passwords you will have to enter them every time.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Marking this so others can find it. You're both right. The problem has been resolved for me on the Thunderbird forum of Mozillazine. If you have the

Westell router-modem 6100-F, or maybe a similar one, 

it's blocking the 2 new ports.  Very smart, since Vz gave us that modem. As I have a wired, therefore secure, network, I accessed my modem and turned off its firewall I suppose for a wireless network, you would need a different router-modem, and/or explain the problem to Verizon. You'll likely have to buy your own.  

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2666477

0 Likes
Re: Mozilla Thunderbird SSL Account Definitions for verizon.net Email Accounts
MRQUINN

Well after playing with this for an hour and a half  -Should bill Verizon-  I have gooten the settings to work even cleared the issue with Anti virus which has a problem with the certificate since antivirus is just 2 months old seems odd. 

But life is not all sweetness and honey  now to receive or send email thunderbird has me enter my pass word manually each and every operation. That is for the birds is their a way around that? 

I bill 150.00 an hour who at verizon gets the bill?

0 Likes
Crashman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Katz wrote:

Marking this so others can find it. You're both right. The problem has been resolved for me on the Thunderbird forum of Mozillazine. If you have the

Westell router-modem 6100-F, or maybe a similar one, 

it's blocking the 2 new ports.  Very smart, since Vz gave us that modem. As I have a wired, therefore secure, network, I accessed my modem and turned off its firewall I suppose for a wireless network, you would need a different router-modem, and/or explain the problem to Verizon. You'll likely have to buy your own.  

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2666477

Greetings, Katz,

I have the Westell 6100, and there is a way to leave its firewall on and still use the new ports.

I went into the 6100's firewall settings, set the firewall to "Typical Security (Medium)" and then clicked "Apply".

Next, again on the firewall settings screen, I selected the radio button next to "Custom Settings" and hit "Apply" again.  Then, with custom settings selected, I clicked on the edit button, and on the "User Defined Firewall Rules" screen selected the "Outbound" radio button.  On the screen which came up, I entered the following two lines in the section with the other "pass to port..." entries:

pass to port 465 >> done

pass to port 995 >> done

I then clicked first on the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen and, finally, on the "Apply" button.  The new e-mail ports were then allowed through the Westell's firewall, with the firewall settings set to "Custom".

Hope this helps!

Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I switched to FIOS today, no problems with the new router. But other folks on this thread will appreciate your solution.

0 Likes
Ikeepaparrot

Would this be the same for a Westell A-90?  I have read al these posts and I cannot send mail from any but my main email address, not with the other two sub-accounts.

A Hammel

0 Likes
Ikeepaparrot

I am not a professional computer person, so I may not be doing the right things, however, I have entered each item as described: The POP port as 665, and the SMTP port as 465.  The following are the error messages I get for my  2 sub-accounts;

Login to server failed.  Sending password did not succeed.  Mail Server incoming.net responded:  Authentication failed.

I don't know how to work with this information and would be grateful for anyone's assistance in this matter. 

Arrie Hammel

0 Likes