Multiple Password Resets for no reason?
phcaptjim

Why have I needed to go in and request a password reset 3 times since 9/15?  My outlook on my computer and phone have the passwords configured so I know it wasn't me entering in the wrong password to block the account.  The first time I got a notifcation saying there was a hack attempt on my account but what about the last two?  No notice no nothing.  Is there a security issue I should be concerned about?  Is this happening to others? 

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Password Resets for no reason?
Techman28
Master - Level 1

if this keeps happening I would suggest doing a virus scan on the computer. you may have unknowingly got a keylogger on your computer and that may be the cause. I would suggest changing your secret questions and answers as well just to be on the safe side

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Password Resets for no reason?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A large number of accounts reportedly had some information stolen a few months back.

From what is reported by Verizon there is some form of account access occurring that has caused them to invalidate some accounts.  These should not just reset the account but also CHANGE THE PASSWORD.  Of course after you change your password they still might be under attack. Some have reported problems accessing from overseas as Verizon is trying to block these attacks.

SEE http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/td-p/744863

0 Likes