Multiple copies of the same email
mitchn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have  been having problems with my verizon.net emails since 2 weeks ago such as not being able to get my email, the servers forgetting my password, etc.

Today I started receiving multiple copies of the same email.

Are there other people having the same problems

mitchn

Re: Multiple copies of the same email
thomp66
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just started happening to me today also. If I click send/receive it doesn't happen. Only when a new email arrives it resends the old emails I've already read/deleted from Outlook but are still on the Verizon server. My Outlook email has been on the fritz for the past several weeks. Password issues, etc. Hopefully they fix this soon. It's extremely annoying.

0 Likes
thomp66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any one else that has recently started having this issue with receiving duplicate copies of emails from the verizon server? This was never an issue in Outlook before until all of these recent verizon email issues started a few weeks ago. Now I have to constantly delete emails from the verizon server to keep them from being resent over and over to my Outlook mail. The weird thing is that it only resends some of the emails that are left on the server. Not all of them. I can't set it up to automatically delete the emails from the server when read or I won't be able to receive them on my phone.

0 Likes
JKennedy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. Since th AOL port over, that so many have had issues with, that was a breeze for me and all account, It's been worse.  Errors sending and recieving and getting as many as 6 copies of the same email, sometimes at the same time, sometimes they just keep coming for 1-2 days.

Verizon/AOL screwed the pooch on this one and I have a feeling there will be millons of new Gmail and other accounts transitioning away form Verizon/AOL.  It's a shame as long as I've been with them....

thomp66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok. So the multiple copies of emails isn't just an isolated issue apparently. I've definitely had the password issues too which seem to have stopped (fingers crossed); however, this constant refetching of received/read emails from the server is a real annoyance and is a new thing. Today I left my email open and came back to almost 20 copies of the same emails. I've been with Verizon for years and never had this issue before. I just can't set Outlook to delete emails from the server. I need to receive my mail on other devices. I really hope they fix this issue as well.