My Emails are being viewed as SPAM
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

Recently my emails to the rental company who manages some property we own has been showing up in their SPAM folders. I've emailed them for years and no one's emails have changed. The only difference I can think of is the port change that Verizon recently made. Is this something I can do to resolve this on my end? If not, what can I ask them to do on their end to fix it? They are pretty good about checking their SPAM folders, but my emails are important and sometimes timely so don't relish the thought that they are being sent to a SPAM folder. Anyone have a clue why this is happening and how I can fix it? THanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: My Emails are being viewed as SPAM
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What e-mail client are they using ( for example Outlook Express, Verizon's Web Based E-Mail ) ?

0 Likes
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

I'm using Outlook but I'm not sure what they are using. You can't tell from their email address because their email addresses are set up this way: their name @ company name.com

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The port change has nothing to do with message content being flagged as SPAM. 

SPAM is an assessment made solely by the client end based on various criteria (either by their gateway or their client).  Depending on who they get their mail from, a change in gateway services could now be flagging your messages for some reason or more likely something about the way they have their client configured could have changed (for example, if they changed their junk mail filter settings to a higher level to flag anything from people not in their address book as junk mail or spam).

In short, the recipient should take steps to mark your email address as "non SPAM" so that future messages from you will not be placed into their SPAM folder.   Depending on the client they are using this is an easy task.

dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks so much for the help and information. I'll get in touch with them and let them know the things you've pointed out and hopefully they can resolve it. The reason I was thinking that it might be the change in port number is that this started happening at the same time the port number was changed and it also looks like some other on the board were having similar issues, but what you've said makes sense to me.