My email address is permanently gone!!!
NeedsHerEmails
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched to Comcast, and I had been meaning to run their True Assistant program to notify my contacts of my new address, and forward all emails to my new address.  I've been very busy lately, hardly been home.  I finally get a chance to run the program, and it tells me that my verizon email address is not a valid one.  So I try to get into my verizon email, and I cannot access it anymore.  Well, I am thinking just call Verizon and they should be able to reactivate it so that I can run the email switch program.  I had many important contacts, and many important emails under my verizon email.  It's really bad if I lose them permanently.

So I call Verizon, and was transferred probably a dozen times, only to find out, once my email address is disabled, all my contacts and emails are gone permanently.  And I find out then I only have a week from the time I contact Verizon to do the switch.  This is not good at all. 

I am told I could get my email address back for a monthly fee of $5.00, but all my contacts and emails are gone.  In my opinion, after all my hassles with being transferred so many times, I should get it for free.  Besides, I needed those contacts and I needed those emails.

I am just very angry at them right now.  I can't believe how they kept transferring me cold.  And to only find out that everything is gone and can't be retrieved. And that I have to pay them my hard-earned dollars to at least get my email address back.  I shouldn't have to pay them another cent.

Re: My email address is permanently gone!!!
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

While the odds of your content actually being gone are slim, Verizon does have the right to remove it as soon as you cancel. You agreed to it in the Terms of Service when you signed up:

9.2 - Deletion of Data upon Termination. YOU AGREE THAT IF YOUR SERVICE IS TERMINATED FOR ANY REASON, VERIZON HAS THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY DELETE ALL DATA, FILES AND OTHER INFORMATION (INCLUDING EMAILS, ADDRESS BOOK AND WEB STORAGE CONTENT) STORED IN OR FOR YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE TO YOU.

This is hardly ever the case, though. Odds are that your old account is in a disabled status, but not deleted. It can be re-enabled, but you will have to get to a tech that both understands how to re-enable the account and is willing to do so. I recommend asking for a supervisor, since they're somewhat more likely to at least know the process.