My mail is going to TRASH folder
Walkiman6
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I check my mail on AOL it is going to my Trash folder. I have not changed any settings. Anyone having this issue?

Re: My mail is going to TRASH folder
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

ON Right Hand Side of AOL Email 

Click on : Options

On Left Hand Side: Study these Subfolders

SPAM SETINGS

FILTERS

Can you now solve your problem ?

Let us know how you did.

0 Likes
RobEisdorfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES - on all platforms - PC , Mac and iOS!

0 Likes
RobEisdorfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Didn't help me at all - the mail flashes in the inbox then ends up in Trash on all platforms. I turned off the Spam filters but still happens. Started this past week. I wish Verizon hadn't moved to AOL mail - it is not very good.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you seen these ?

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-troubleshooting

Hope this helps you.

0 Likes
larryfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been occurring for me for months.  AOL is terrible, tried rules and filters to no avail.  Everything still keeps going to trash.  Anyone had success?!?

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Main thing to do is to make sure you have set the Spam filter to send suspected spam to a seperate Spam folder.

After that you shouldn't see things going to trash unless you wrote a bad rule.  For things going to spam folder you should be able to redirect it by writing a rule and reporting it as incorrectly being marked as spam.

0 Likes
penn1215
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this exact same issue happening, all of a sudden mail just stopped coming.  Lo and behold I realized everyting was being sent directly to trash.  If I'm in the AOL app an email will appear in the Inbox for a split second then vanish to Trash.  It's complete garbage.  And AOL is no help -- they want you to pay $5 a month to upgrade your account before they will let you talk to anyone live.  

Has anyone found out how to fix this?  Like the previous poster, it's not my filters or spam settings.   This is bad enough I am seriously considering switching to Comcast.

ARR67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too! Anyone get this fixed?

Skeptic11
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you find a fix please share. AOL is really getting on my nerves. Verizon market share must of dropped when they merged with AOL.