My outgoing emails are marked as spam -- what is going on?
phil1010

Hello:

Recently I was assigned to work from home, I have to email to my coworkers daily at: coworker1@company1.com, coworker2@company1.com, etc.

starting yesterday night, all emails I sent to  XXX@company1.com were returned and I got the following message:

The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.

and folowing instructions I forward the reject email to spamdetector.update@verizon.net and it

didn't change a thing. What should I do next?? Please please help !!

0 Likes
Re: My outgoing emails are marked as spam -- what is going on?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@phil1010 wrote:

Hello:

Recently I was assigned to work from home, I have to email to my coworkers daily at: coworker1@company1.com, coworker2@company1.com, etc.

starting yesterday night, all emails I sent to  XXX@company1.com were returned and I got the following message:

The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.

and folowing instructions I forward the reject email to spamdetector.update@verizon.net and it

didn't change a thing. What should I do next?? Please please help !!

As stated in the Spam FAQ page, you will not get any response when sending the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for review. You attach the message that you are unable to send, and they review it. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the filter will either be updated to allow the content that was previously blocked, or it will be determined to be a legitimate block and no changes will be made.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Remove any links/URLs from the email one at a time to isolate if one of them is causing the block.

Some people have suggested sending the message to check@isnotspam.com for investigation. This may work for you as well.

customerzero1

I am havinf the same problem.

Twice before I got these spam messages. I followed the vz diurections and it started working again. Now I can't send AT ALL. I've sent 10 emails to them with no fix. I've tried sending without signature line and 3x it has  been blocked. This is insane. 

Someone please assist. Thanks

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

phil i would personally like to welcome you to verizon's state of the art spam blocking technology.i would like to inform you that no other email client uses this industry standard please feel honored.

0 Likes