Need help in setting up Verizon Account on work cell phone
pleotr1

Had to get another phone at work..it is a Sprint HTC Pro Touch 2. Had beenable to set up my account on the last phone I had (same thing) but now am unable to set up the account on the new phone.  What am I doing wrong?  Originally had found a web site to do this but can't remember where ( thought it was on the Verizon web site). Need help!  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Need help in setting up Verizon Account on work cell phone
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

The specific settings on your phone may be called something different. If these options are not listed, let us know what options you DO have and we'll try to figure out which ones are the correct ones. 🙂

Catemaco
Enthusiast - Level 2

This solution does not work for me.  I have entered the settings as suggested, but my phone is unable to retrieve email.  I have another email account set up on the phone that is able to retrieve mail, so I know it is not the cell connection that is the problem.

After attempting to connect, the phone says "Messages cannot be downloaded to y our mobile device.  Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct.  Then, try to download messages again."

I have double-checked my account settings, deleted the account and configured it again, and tried several times to connect to my Verizon mail, without success.  My phone is a T-Mobile MDA, with Windows Mobile.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

make sure that you can log in at www.myverizon.com     if you can log in succesfully there, then there isn't a problem with the username and password.  This will ALSO show you if you have a yahoo/verizon combined experience.  That is IMPORTANT because then your incoming.verizon.net becomes incoming.yahoo.verizon.net   and the same for outgoing, it becomes outgoing.verizon.net

SSL is a big no no and IMAP is a no no.   this should be set up as POP3

when entering the username in some phones try not to put @verizon.net unless it asks for "email address"

if it says username, then it just wants the first part usually.

incoming.verizon.net

port 110

outgoing.verizon.net and port 25  (my server requires authentication is a YES)

those settings should work, if they don't and you checked to make sure you log in at the verizon websites, then it is a setting on your phone that is stopping it.     and you'll want to call your cell provider and give them the above info.  they can help you put it in there properly.  

Hubrisnxs
Legend

the walk through they have on the web may help us,

It's important that you sign in at webmail.verizon.com and see if you have a yahoo/verizon thing though, because your incoming and outgoing servers will be different if you do.

after you create it though you have to go BACK into the settings for it and change one thing

Image of E-mail Setup screen 

here it shows aol but yours will say outgoing.verizon.net or outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net depending on how it looks when you log in at http://webmail.verizon.com