Need help with email on iPad
RonSRQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I searched the forums but have not seen this discussed.  I have my iPad set to delete messages from server when removed from inbox.   Just recently when I receive my mail on my iPad I then go through and delete the mail I don't want to keep.  After that, if I open up mail again on my iPad it redelivers the mail I've just deleted.  So I logged onto my email account on the Verizon server and the deleted messages are still there.  The only way to delete them is to delete directly from the Verizon server, which is not the way it should work.

Can anyone please help me figure out why deleted messages keep reappearing?

Thanks,

Ron

Re: Need help with email on iPad
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I can only comment on what my experience is.

I have an iphone.  It seems that it takes some time from when you delete from the Iphone/IPAD before it deletes if off the VZ Server.  If you can delete it, wait maybe an hour or so and see if its deletes the email.  What would be really nice if VZ had IMAP similar to what GMAIL does.  Remember that email that you get on your IPAD and then you download on your PC will NEVER be deleted from the IPAD. 

RonSRQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

It's becoming a real pain.  Actually it's my wife's account and the iPad is her only client.  She does not view email on a PC.  She will delete her unwanted mail and then when she goes back to check mail later on (could be several hours or even over night) it redelivers stuff she's already read and deleted. 

Perhaps it's an Apple problem in that whatever flag they send to the Verizon server to delete is not really getting there?  I don't know.  I might try doing some experimenting by setting up a new sub-account for testing purposes and see how it behaves on my iPhone and the iPad.  Certainly frustrating my wife right now.

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Like I previously mentioned may want to look into using GMAIL.  If you access gmail from the web and delete an email it will delete from Iphone/IPAD and if you delete from IPAD, it deletes it right away since the mail is IMAP and not POP like VZ mail is.

RonSRQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I may have to consider that option.  I'd rather not have to change email addresses (from VZ to Gmail) but I may be left no other option.  At least that way, items that we want to save can be moved into saved folders yet removed from server.

I did some testing earlier that were inconclusive with a dummy sub-account.