Need to log in every few minutes
disgusted2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is happening?  In my FIOS email account, I would log in and have access all day.  Now, if I leave email and go to something else, I keep having to log in again and again and again.  Verizon, **bleep** them to  hell, has no info on this and the automated "Ask" function is no use

Your help appreciated.

TIA

Aspasia

0 Likes
Re: Need to log in every few minutes
Justin46
Legend

I just logged into my Verizon webmail, then went off and did other things, when I came back after 34 minutes I was still logged in, no issues at all. How long are you talking about "going to something else"? Do you mean within the Verizon website, or just not accessing webmail for some length of time?

I certainly cannot reproduce your problem.

Keller, TX 76248

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the Time on your computer.   It wouldn't happen to be off by any substantial amount would it?   This can screw up cookie expiration calculations.   

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The Verizon Web mail does have an official 15 minute time limit. After 15 minutes of idle, it can log you out. It may not but offically it can after 15 minutes

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you would be surprised how many times that if the time is not correct on your own PC it messes up a number of other things, from cookies and sessions to certificates etc...

lasagna beat me to the punch, but I Would start there.