Never Received Tablet Voucher-Lackluster Customer Service
Lincoln87

As a customer, I feel very frustrated and irritated with Verizon because I have yet to reach a resolution.  My husband and I have our cell phone service through Verizon and with the purchase of our new home, decided to get home phone, Internet and Fios TV.  Everything has been installed and we are bundled up for the next two years.  We were told that we were going to receive a certificate voucher for a free tablet, or $200 credit towards a tablet... When I was signed up in late July, I was told I was going to receive my voucher in the mail and to expect it in mid August.  The entire month of August passed and no voucher was ever received.  That's when I began to call, the first gentleman I spoke with told me that my voucher had been mailed and that I had to wait and call back in October if I hadn't received it by then.  When I called again in October I found out that I could receive my voucher electronically via email, I was elated to find out, gave the gentleman my gmail account address (The same one that I provided when I signed up for Fios and have successfully received emails from Verizon) and was told it would take between 48-72 hours to process and receive.  That time frame came and went and I called to follow up and have been calling up ever since to this day.  I have spoken to half a dozen representatives who are not in the least sounding empathetic to this situation.  I have checked my junk mail, spam mail, and trash and I have not received the email for my voucher.  I have reached out to the customer service via email and received a message  (I received a response, so my email does work) telling me I need to contact the Promotions department- that is the same department that has only been able to look up my tracking number and tell me that I have not redeemed it and that it has been reissued and I need to wait 48-72 hours.  This has been going on since the beginning of October, this Saturday marks the first of November.  The gentleman in the Promotions department informed me today that this promotion has been the most problematic, that most customers have not received their vouchers, yet where is the help.  Your agent is just reinforcing my issue but where is the resolution?? He said there is noting he can do beside reissue my voucher to my email.  He encouraged me to speak to Customer Service to get an answer.  The young lady sounded very inexperienced and lacked tact.  So, my only option is to wait? Why would Verizon promote and offer and commit to something they cannot follow through with?  This feels like a classic case of Bait and Switch.   Adding insult to injury, I have been seeing commercials from Sprint advertising buying out existing contracts to get them as customers.  All I need now is to hear that AT&T will buy out my residential services and I'll be set- I can get rid of you guys completely.  Before we moved, my husband and I actually had AT&T U-Verse and we loved it and their service.  We thought that by already having a relationship with Verizon, we would be in good hands and be taken care of. Instead I am resorting to writing a blog in hopes that someone within the Verizon company steps up and actually offers me a solution. Let's think outside the box.  For such a big company I would think they'd want to retain their current customers. 

0 Likes
Re: Never Received Tablet Voucher-Lackluster Customer Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes