Re: New AOL mail and Outlook settings
Tulipwood

This is totat **bleep**. I have tried this over and over and as of today it simply doesn't work with Outlookl 2016.

0 Likes
Tulipwood

Nope. Does not work at all. Tried it multiple times. Hey Verizon, this is on you. And this is the reason i WILL NEVER RENEW MY VERIZON CONTRACT.

0 Likes
Tulipwood

After endless back and forth I believe I have solved this problem. You have to use the web to log onto AOL, then go to 'Account Security' and turn off 'Two-step verification' and turn on 'Allow apps that use less secure sign in.' This will allow you to set up your email account in Outlook.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tulipwood wrote:

After endless back and forth I believe I have solved this problem. You have to use the web to log onto AOL, then go to 'Account Security' and turn off 'Two-step verification' and turn on 'Allow apps that use less secure sign in.' This will allow you to set up your email account in Outlook.

This has been documented before.  Some searches "might" have found it for you.  Its not clearly documented in the AOL info for Verizon users.

0 Likes
MKMKSK

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

0 Likes
MH1130

Is anyone having the problem with Office 365 where the POP and SMTP settings are already entered in Outlook as yahoo.com?  When I attempt to change the settings to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't; however, when I exit Outlook and go back in, the settings have reverted back to yahoo.com???  I dealt with Microsoft for over 3 hours and was told that Verizon and AOL are migrating to yahoo; hence, the pre-filled in settings based on my verizon.net account.  I sent numerous emails to AOL with screen shots and got no help from them.  Anyone?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Budco1
Same problem. it defaults to yahoo. When I enter the correct imap or pop settings it still fails to connect. I have changed the AOL security settings also.
0 Likes
Re: Customer compensation for screwed up transition to New AOL mail for Outlook settings
Bonedogg

Had to reset my PW and now the SMTP server won't validate with any setting.

How in God's green earth does anyone use an email client on Mac OS X? Please share your settings if you have it working?

I have tried OS X Mail, MS Outlook, and Thunderbird. None work.

TIA

0 Likes
Re: Customer compensation for screwed up transition to New AOL mail for Outlook settings
Bonedogg

Check that, Thunderbird does work with the AOL servers listed for IMAP and SNTP, but use the exact same settings in Mail or MS Outlook and the SMTP server never validates. Anyone?

0 Likes
gm20151
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note you may need to use a generated App Password instead of your regular email password (that's the only thing that worked for me with Thunderbird.)  Log into AOL mail from a browser, go to Options | Account Info | Account Security, and choose Manage App Passwords, generate a password and use that when configuring your client.  This was the case for me even when I did not have 2-factor auth turned on.

Similar instructions for Verizon - Yahoo Mail users is here:  https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Verizon-Yahoo-Mail-on-Thunderbird-and-Outloo...

0 Likes