This is also happening with me, however, I use a 3rd party email program. It will work, then will not. It's been a few months of this. I have 3 email, also, and only one is not working. Also not working on my Galaxy Note 8.
it seems pretty weird, but I started having issues last week by not receiving mail on my outlook after starting the application. So everytime I actually login into the webmail or AOL mail, after that I hit the send/received on the outlook at the messages start updating on the outlook application. is there an authentication feature that is not working?.
I am having the issue of not receiving all of my emails. Things worked fine until a couple weeks ago when I noticed that emails were loading slowly or I would have to reboot my phone before the emails would load. Now I do not receive all of my emails. Hit or miss. Happens on both PC and phone. I use Outlook 2010. I don't find either AOL or Verizon helpful in problem solving. Certainly thinking of leaving verizon.net.
07-30-2018 04:17 AM
yes this is driving me crazy! it started a few weeks ago, after a couple of restarts it resolved. now it's back! i'm out of my mind. what's the fix? please help!
07-31-2018 08:12 AM
Solved? This is listed as solved? In what way.
My Outlook connection works fine for a while, then just starts prompting me for days. Then it works again. After a while it'll stop working again. Seriously **bleep**?
i just developed the same problem as mjmack 4-20-2018. I made every possible combination of email server setting changes---now no email works--my aol.com also does not work. i think AOL seriously screwed something up. but who to go to to complain? I will call verizon but probably it wont help.
Curiously, my cellphone verizon email app works to send and receive. any ideas?
I'm having the same problem, errors when trying to access email through Outlook 2013 or my iPhone. All of my settings are correct, nothing has changed. When I log in to webmail through AOL, suddenly Outlook and iPhone work again.
Ditto for me (or, part of my household). My email account has been working fine, but for several weeks my wife's account has been having this exact problem -- Outlook 365 repeatedly asks for the server password, but never connects. If I log in to the AOL web client, Outlook can then authenticate and retrieve email.
Possible temp solution here.
After a day or two my Outlook mail client and my iphone mail client stop downloading emails. This has been going on for the past 3 weeks. Fustrated I tried AOL support, who after 4-5 calls (after each time it stopped working) and making me pay for advanced support, did nothing but tell me it was microsoft or apples fault, of course the problem is on AOL's end as two completely different mail clients wouldn't both be going out at the same time.
That said what I stumbled across was a temporary fix. Each time your mail clients stop working, log into your account via AOL's website mail client. Thats it, all of a sudden your emails will start downloading onto your various devices/mail clients.
It seems, AOL has a bug that unless you log into their website mail, your pop/imap based mail clients won't work.
This is a sick joke. Verizon charges me over $500 / month for services and I have not been able to use Outlook 2016 at all to connect to the AOL email service. I have spent days on this and am totally disgusted. I will not renew my Verizon contract and am actively looking for another provider. Shame on Verizon! And shame on AOL!