New My Verizon Page Causing Problems
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Ever since the new My Verizon page there have been problems with 2 of my browsers that come with Windows 10---IE 11 and Microsoft Edge. I can't stay signed in for 2 weeks on IE 11 and on Edge I can get my email by clicking on the Verizon email I put in my Favorites, but even though I sign in for 2 weeks on the Edge browser I'm showing I'm not signed in on either the Trending Page or the My Verizon Page and so can't get my email from there.

Also on the Edge browser the My Verizon Page has parts under Hello _____ missing. The parts missing are the Fios Apps, Services etc. with arrows to move from one to the other. Only the arrows appear there. The email part on the My Verizon Page is there. 

I thought the new My Verizon Page was supposed to be an improvement, but that doesn't appear to be true except for Google Chrome. I hope this is fixed soon as it's very annoying.

I did fill out Verizon  feedback and Verizon survey forms related to these problems.

Holly

0 Likes
Re: New My Verizon Page Causing Problems
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Holly1,

We apologize for this inconvenience. This has been referred to the team for investigation. I will keep you posted on their findings.

Thank you.

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3
There are still problems staying signed in on the IE11 browser and the problem with parts of the page missing under Hello_ on the My Verizon page comes on some times and other times it's missing This is now happening on the IE 11 browser. Also today I'm now getting a blank page on my email page, no boxes or email on both the IE11 and Edge browsers. So actually things have gotten worse.. I am able to get emails on the Google Chrome browser. What makes matters even worse is the following message at the top of this Forum on my IE11 browser---it's not IE 9 as the message states. The message is as follows: We no longer support Internet Explorer v9 and older. Upgrade to a newer version or use a different browser. Holly
0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I just posted the following on the General Residential Forum but this also applies to this Forum. It is about the blank email page on the IE 11 browser and the Verizon Forum message about me having an outdated browser:

Forget everything I just posted in my last message as I need to apologize to Verizon as the outdated browser message was a Microsoft problem. The easiest way to explain is to read what I posted on the Microsoft Forum:

Actually I've been blaming Verizon because I just started having this problem and Verizon has updated a page of theirs so I assumed it was a Verizon problem. However I just discovered from reading an old Microsoft message on this Microsoft forum that the problem is solved by unchecking Use Microsoft compatibility lists. The only reason I can think this just started happening is because last weekend I got the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update as I never made any changes in the Compatibility View Settings.

Holly

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quite proper to blame Verizon and Microsoft.  When IE11 first came out a number of different pages didn't work and you had to turn on compatibility mode. Microsoft, after getting lots of complaints, put VERIZON in their compatibility lists.  But over time Verizon fixed all, or at least most, of these.  Microsoft has not updated the compatibility list fast enough to remove it.

Verizon on the other hand has moved to following Microsoft's warning that only IE11 is supported after January 12, 2016 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support.

0 Likes