Re: New SSL email settings for Apple Mail help please
Prock66

don't give up Apple people just return to previous incoming mail settings. 

i've been a Apple Mail user for years.  tried the new settings and so far only outgoing worked.  like many others here changed the incoming port back to 110 and disabled SSL.  now back to receiving mail.  

Please Verizon now that you have the iPhone hope you can look into this for us Mac people!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
toledoth

I am having the same problem with my Entourage 2004 mail program on a Macbook.  Funny, it was working with the new SSL settings yesterday?  Please help!

0 Likes
mcpaulbeck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I changed mine back too and it is working fine now.  Really frustrating that since I made the change as directed by Verizon in December, email was mostly received but at least once per hour the "Connection to the Server failed or was dropped" error occurred.  Today's new error CONNECTION LIMIT REACHED FOR YOUR IP ADDRESS doesn't do much to help the situation.

Email issues

Internet Slowdown

Verizon's dismal support of mac users in ALL of their products makes me question whether FiOS is worth it. 

0 Likes
Fkaye
Enthusiast - Level 2

You came up with a winner--worked great for me.

0 Likes
Fkaye
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is for Kingv--I'm unfamiliar with this forum so don't know whether or not you got my post re the IPAD. Your suggestion worked great-thanks!

0 Likes
ersimons
I'm having the same trouble. I followed the directions on Verizon's 1/4/2012 e mail on my Mac's Mail program, changed the settings and now cannot send out any e mails, but do receive. What was the solution? Thanks
0 Likes
ex_rhino_gib1

Had the same experience with an iPhone 4S.  Recently purchased an iPad Wi Fi and "ditto".  Can receive email on the iPhone but "no habanero" on the iPad.  Am getting the impression Verizon's new email server settings don't apply to Apple devices.

0 Likes
blackmar

Verizon changed to different email server. 

Make sure password for account is correct by resetting password:

Reset password by clicking "I cannot access my account link" on page or login below

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.intl=us&.partner=vz-acs&&.lang=en-US&.intl=US&.done=http://hom...

Enter username here to reset password : https://signin.verizon.com/sso/forgotflows

Passwords must match for verizon yahoo & verizon account.

Here are the email server settings that work for me on iMac or iPad using Mac Mail program

Example 

Name: john smith

email address:johnsmith@verizon.net

user name: john smith (Do not use full email address here)

Incoming Mail Server: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

SSL: on (Port 995)

Authentication: Password

Outgoing Mail Server: outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

SSL: on (Port 465)

Authentication: Password

user name:johnsmith

Password: current password for account

Save all settings and check for new email. Good luck.

0 Likes
Rustybry

I really dislike Verizon and their lack of mac support.  I changed per instructions and no emails incoming or outgoing.  Tried everything mentioned but still wont work.  If I didnt live in the country and had access to other Internet services, I wouldnt do verizon.

0 Likes
ES27
On iPad: There is a SSL and Password setting for both POP and SMTP. Make sure you set both. I think the the POP setting appeared after I closed the app with SSL on for POP. Even if thing are not working, save the settings, close the app and reopen. Once I set both, everything worked but all my emails downloaded as new. I had to mark them as already being read.
0 Likes