Re: New SSL email settings for Apple Mail help please
popzinn

Using a Mac, after changing port settings as directed by verizon, emails transmitted from this device are no longer delivered to their destination address.  emails are received without a problem.  after the send icon is selected, the email transmit sound is present as if it actually did something.  but the email never arrives at the destination address.

0 Likes
JoshuaTree1

I am about spitting with rage at Verizon right now.  I wasted 3 hours last February trying to fix the utter mess trying to update my computer, phone, pods, etc., to the new Verizon settings.  When I finally called Verizon, the guy had NO CLUE and just wasted another hour and a half doing the exact same things I did with the same lack of success.  So I restored to all the 'old' settings and things worked.

But lately, people are telling me their emails are returned as 'undeliverable' so I decided that MAYBE Verizon fixed whatever bugs were in the system - so I tried again.  BIG MISTAKE.  NOTHING WORKED.  So I called Verizon again and the guy overseas who answered the phone PUT ME ON HOLD FOR 40 MINUTES.  I hung up at 40 minutes, but what the heck??? SO much for Verizon's vaunted customer service, they certainly could give a **bleep** about apple computer users it seems!!!

I have followed forums on Apple and used the way they suggest, NOTHING.  I did everything exactly as Verizon suggests, NOTHING. 

My question:  ARE THE SETTINGS DIFFERENT WHEN CREATING DESKTOP ACCOUNTS VS IPHONE/IPOD/IPAD accounts?

If YES< then what the *$(&*@&!*($ am I supposed to do?  AND WHY ISN"T VERIZON working harder on this?  

I am going to bug AT&T to get service out here in this boondocks.  Verizon upped my monthly bill and the service has gone downhill.  Is that a Murphy's Law?  I have HAD it with Verizon.

If anyone can help, I would be extremely grateful.  To note:  I use a 2010 iMac with the -- is it Mtn Lion?  Regular Lion?  I can't keep up with it, but it's the latest one.  Peripheral devices:  iphone 5, ipod, and ipads.

I have been into the Apple settings, done everything in the apple mail preferences, all for naught.  I deleted all the accounts to set up as fresh, only to find that all my emails, including my e-tickets, are now KAPUT.  yes, I have a back up, but STILL.  I am well on my way to hating Verizon.....

0 Likes
JoshuaTree1

DITTO!  I began deleting former settings, which worked, and updated to the new settings, and NOTHING has worked since, except my iMac began working after I restored the older settings (incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net).

I have followed ALL the instructions, rebooted, deleted old accounts, reinstalled (I have THREE email accounts on my Verizon account, just three and now none of them work), double-clicked the 'Home' key and turned off the Settings, TO NO AVAIL.

TOday I spent one hour calling:  Comcast, Charter Net, ATT UVerse, but NO ONE delivers out here in the boonies I live.  I am determined to find an alternate email provider.  I am well on my way to HATING verizon and the AWFUL, ABYSMAL customer 'service.'

If you discover a way to make it work, please post because I don't know what else to do except restore all the older settitngs and continue like that.

0 Likes
crccox1952
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my attempt I first change the incoming to the pop vs incoming and the iphone and ipad both try to vaidate but I get a does not support advanced pop authentication is this the password problen that can be fixed with activating password authentication?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@crccox1952 wrote:

In my attempt I first change the incoming to the pop vs incoming and the iphone and ipad both try to vaidate but I get a does not support advanced pop authentication is this the password problen that can be fixed with activating password authentication?

Actually by turning off authenticate password (apop).  Apop is a scheme that allows your password to not actually be sent.  A clear password is required with the new servers, but it is sent over an encrypted (SSL) connection.

0 Likes