Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

New SSL email settings for Apple Mail help please

SOLVED
popzinn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New SSL email settings for Apple Mail help please

Message 21 of 25
(1,773 Views)

Using a Mac, after changing port settings as directed by verizon, emails transmitted from this device are no longer delivered to their destination address.  emails are received without a problem.  after the send icon is selected, the email transmit sound is present as if it actually did something.  but the email never arrives at the destination address.

JoshuaTree
Contributor
Contributor

Message 22 of 25
(1,676 Views)

I am about spitting with rage at Verizon right now.  I wasted 3 hours last February trying to fix the utter mess trying to update my computer, phone, pods, etc., to the new Verizon settings.  When I finally called Verizon, the guy had NO CLUE and just wasted another hour and a half doing the exact same things I did with the same lack of success.  So I restored to all the 'old' settings and things worked.

But lately, people are telling me their emails are returned as 'undeliverable' so I decided that MAYBE Verizon fixed whatever bugs were in the system - so I tried again.  BIG MISTAKE.  NOTHING WORKED.  So I called Verizon again and the guy overseas who answered the phone PUT ME ON HOLD FOR 40 MINUTES.  I hung up at 40 minutes, but what the heck??? SO much for Verizon's vaunted customer service, they certainly could give a **bleep** about apple computer users it seems!!!

I have followed forums on Apple and used the way they suggest, NOTHING.  I did everything exactly as Verizon suggests, NOTHING. 

My question:  ARE THE SETTINGS DIFFERENT WHEN CREATING DESKTOP ACCOUNTS VS IPHONE/IPOD/IPAD accounts?

If YES< then what the *$(&*@&!*($ am I supposed to do?  AND WHY ISN"T VERIZON working harder on this?  

I am going to bug AT&T to get service out here in this boondocks.  Verizon upped my monthly bill and the service has gone downhill.  Is that a Murphy's Law?  I have HAD it with Verizon.

If anyone can help, I would be extremely grateful.  To note:  I use a 2010 iMac with the -- is it Mtn Lion?  Regular Lion?  I can't keep up with it, but it's the latest one.  Peripheral devices:  iphone 5, ipod, and ipads.

I have been into the Apple settings, done everything in the apple mail preferences, all for naught.  I deleted all the accounts to set up as fresh, only to find that all my emails, including my e-tickets, are now KAPUT.  yes, I have a back up, but STILL.  I am well on my way to hating Verizon.....

JoshuaTree
Contributor
Contributor

Message 23 of 25
(1,656 Views)

DITTO!  I began deleting former settings, which worked, and updated to the new settings, and NOTHING has worked since, except my iMac began working after I restored the older settings (incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net).

I have followed ALL the instructions, rebooted, deleted old accounts, reinstalled (I have THREE email accounts on my Verizon account, just three and now none of them work), double-clicked the 'Home' key and turned off the Settings, TO NO AVAIL.

TOday I spent one hour calling:  Comcast, Charter Net, ATT UVerse, but NO ONE delivers out here in the boonies I live.  I am determined to find an alternate email provider.  I am well on my way to HATING verizon and the AWFUL, ABYSMAL customer 'service.'

If you discover a way to make it work, please post because I don't know what else to do except restore all the older settitngs and continue like that.

crccox1952
Contributor
Contributor

Message 24 of 25
(1,540 Views)

In my attempt I first change the incoming to the pop vs incoming and the iphone and ipad both try to vaidate but I get a does not support advanced pop authentication is this the password problen that can be fixed with activating password authentication?

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 25 of 25
(1,482 Views)

@crccox1952 wrote:

In my attempt I first change the incoming to the pop vs incoming and the iphone and ipad both try to vaidate but I get a does not support advanced pop authentication is this the password problen that can be fixed with activating password authentication?

Actually by turning off authenticate password (apop).  Apop is a scheme that allows your password to not actually be sent.  A clear password is required with the new servers, but it is sent over an encrypted (SSL) connection.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title