New Verizon POP3 Email Settings Problem
veri_ronz

The new POP3 server settings (pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net) work fine for my two computers, but they will not work with my AT&T Windows Phone 7 (LG Quantum). Have spent hours with Verizon and AT&T technical support, and have visited my local AT&T store for help. No solution has been found. Phone has no settings for port numbers, so I tried a colon plus the port numbers following the server addresses, but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions welcom.

0 Likes
Re: New Verizon POP3 Email Settings Problem
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry that you've been having this ordeal. It's strange especially when you consider that the settings are working on your computers. Make sure that the server port for your pop.verizon.net server is 995 and 465 for your smtp server. Also, check to make sure that authentication and SSL is enabled. The authentication option may have an option for password on your phone. If this is the case, set it to this. Make sure to restart the device afterwards. We hope that this helps!

Thanks,

CJ

0 Likes
veri_ronz

Thank you for responding promptly. Unfortunately, I tried your suggestions but they have not helped. As stated in my original message, my phone offers no specific settings for port numbers. I did try adding a colon and the port number following the server name (e.g., "pop.verizon.net:995" and "smtp.verizon.net:465), but that did not work either. More ideas welcome!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/emailissues/message-id/21486

This does says the use of the Colon for ports is needed. 

Do you happen to get error code 80070015 or 80004005?  see http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA143206 .  There is no good soloution for that one.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes