Re: New email settings DON'T WORK FOR ME EITHER Outlook 2013
PekingDuck

IU was dead in the water since 5/21.  Today tried turining off Norton Internet Security and suddenly everything on Outlook 2013 started to work again.

0 Likes
dwgriffi2

On various Macs running 10.6.8 through 10.9.5 and several iDevices running from 7.1.2 through 8.3 throughout every Borough of NYC, all using Apple's Mail program as client, none of the new settings get me anywhere.  I have a verizon.net email that is a Yahoo account.  I've run the gamut and found that the only server settings that work for me, in Brooklyn NY as of 5-28-15 are:

incoming  -  incoming.yahoo.verizon.net       Port 995

outgoing  -  outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net        Port 587

I don't care what the official settings are and if these are 100 years old.  They're the only ones that work.  pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net  don't.  I've used every suggested one and combination.   I have no virus, malware or any protective program running on any except for appropriate firewall settings.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dwgriffi2 wrote:

On various Macs running 10.6.8 through 10.9.5 and several iDevices running from 7.1.2 through 8.3 throughout every Borough of NYC, all using Apple's Mail program as client, none of the new settings get me anywhere.  I have a verizon.net email that is a Yahoo account.  I've run the gamut and found that the only server settings that work for me, in Brooklyn NY as of 5-28-15 are:

incoming  -  incoming.yahoo.verizon.net       Port 995

outgoing  -  outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net        Port 587

I don't care what the official settings are and if these are 100 years old.  They're the only ones that work.  pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net  don't.  I've used every suggested one and combination.   I have no virus, malware or any protective program running on any except for appropriate firewall settings.

THOSE are  valid settings for Yahoo.  It accepts starttls to port 587 or ssl/tls to 465 for outgoing.  The most commonly discussed seetings, for which Verizon has been sending out messages, is the NON Yahoo Verizon email users.

0 Likes