New server settings not working - temporary Verizon problem
BillSamuel1

I was having a lot of problems connecting with email, and did an online chat. I was told that they are having problems with the new pop and smtp server settings. He told me to change them back to the old incoming and outgoing, but keep the new ports. This fixed my problems. He said the new server settings should be working again within 24 hours.

0 Likes
Re: New server settings not working - temporary Verizon problem
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I wonder what's not working.  I've been using the new settings on all my devices (laptops, Iphones) without a problem and it's working today.  Make sure you are using the settings defined.  What program are you using for email?

Jim

0 Likes
BillSamuel1

Now incoming and outgoing are not working, and pop and smtp are. I don't know how many times we will have to go back and forth among these settings. But if you can't connect the one way, you probably can the other way. This transition is not going well. Ideally, there should be a period of transition in which either will work, but instead it's going back and forth.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BillSamuel wrote:

Now incoming and outgoing are not working, and pop and smtp are. I don't know how many times we will have to go back and forth among these settings. But if you can't connect the one way, you probably can the other way. This transition is not going well. Ideally, there should be a period of transition in which either will work, but instead it's going back and forth.

Maybe the problem is only on certain Verizon email servers. I am in VHO 1 (North Texas) and have been using these new pop/smtp settings for many weeks, not a single failure. And before that the incoming/outgoing settings for probably a year or more, again, no problems. This is on both Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird.

If people would put their location (preferably VHO, but state and/or town would be better than nothing) in their profile here, or include the info in their posts, it might help identify when problems are regional or location dependent. As it is now, when people just post that something doesn't work, and someone else says it does, there is no way for anyone to help or see a pattern. Just a thought.....

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes