No reliable send/receive (Mac Mail / Outlook 2011) after server security settings change.
ccri

Webmail works fine, but after one session with chat support, and one session with phone support -- BOTH while having an Apple Certified technician assisting on-site -- I'm still unable to reliably receive via POP or send via SMTP with the settings provided. Occasionally, restarting the email client works, but I suspect there's something up on the server end -- I just don't know how to escalate. Our phone session alone lasted 40 minutes, and was worthless.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: No reliable send/receive (Mac Mail / Outlook 2011) after server security settings change.
updeinva
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. Just started today. Apple mail cannot connect with Verizon. Asks for password, but correct password does not work.

0 Likes
Re: No reliable send/receive (Mac Mail / Outlook 2011) after server security settings change.
jimczer

I'm having the same issue from my ipad, iphone and Asus tablet (non-apple device) and have not been able to connect to email since about 9am est.  Then around noon I logged into my email from the web browser and was asked to complete the security questions.  Later on I turned off wifi on my phone and was able to connect to email, I then connected my ipad to my phone using the cellular connection and again succesfully connected (sent and received email) to the verizon mail server.  So everything works if I connect through cellular service but does not work going through the router (wifi or hard wire connection to the router).

Contacted support and they innitially told me they were not reporting any problems and I should contact Apple to see if they changed anything, I thought that was ridiculous so I tried connecting to email from a non Apple device using my asus tablet and still was not able to connect to email going through my verizon home wifi network.

0 Likes