Re: No response from - pop.verizon.net - or - smtp.verizon.net -
BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's now been 21 days since I've been able to connect to my mail via Outlook and still have the exact same problem...  Through the process of elimination, it seems that the problem truly is that Verizon is not allowing ISP's (other than Verizon) to access their POP servers.  I've tried the "whitelist", but that is really for Verizon accepting mail from the outside.

Finally got to the network admin for my ISP and he said the connection is being refused.  This individual also outsources his skills to 4 other local ISP's and he is also unable to connect from any of them.

I guess this is the new standard and Verizon has left it's long time customers out in the cold...?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BudPalChief wrote:

It's now been 21 days since I've been able to connect to my mail via Outlook and still have the exact same problem...  Through the process of elimination, it seems that the problem truly is that Verizon is not allowing ISP's (other than Verizon) to access their POP servers.  I've tried the "whitelist", but that is really for Verizon accepting mail from the outside.

Finally got to the network admin for my ISP and he said the connection is being refused.  This individual also outsources his skills to 4 other local ISP's and he is also unable to connect from any of them.

I guess this is the new standard and Verizon has left it's long time customers out in the cold...?

Nope not true.

But they were agressively being attacked, by several locations, probably mostly from overseas.  Some valid isp's may currently be being blocked.

First make sure you are using the correct server names, ports, etc, as access from outside their network for older url's, ports, etc., is probably now completely blocked.  http://verizon.com/emailsettings

Read http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/td-p/744863

CONTACT VERIZON.  These forums are peer to peer so don't count as a way to Contact Verizon.

0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are contacting Verizon. We're all contacting verizon. But no one seems to be getting anywhere, and every time I contact verizon, I have to start over with a new person who seems to have no idea that this has been going on for 3 WEEKS. 

I've seen a few techs respond to a few posts (this is by far not the only thread related to this issue)--why can't they reach out with updates? I'd be okay with waiting for a solution as long as I had some information and knew it was going to be addressed.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't find the post, but many people have made progress and Verizon did post some additional contact info for those having problems.

0 Likes
jwhill13

I bought my domain name from Verizon, so I didn't lose my email address that I have had for 8 years. We cancelled verizon internet & went with shentel. I pay a fee to Verizon to maintain my email. This morning my email stopped working. I called verizon & was transferred to 5 departments & all of them 'accidentally' disconnected me while transferring. So problem is still not resolved. Their online help is also worthless.

0 Likes
Frustratedman

I am in the situation as BudPalChief.  No longer have FIOS, but retained my verizon.net account.  No longer getting emails to my phone; unable to send emails.  Work around to get emails to phone is to turn wifi off, go to email and refresh, then turn wifi back on.  ISP is ATT UVerse.  Settings on phone are correct.  Verizon tech seem to say it is a FIOS issue, FIOS says it is a DSL issue, DSL says it is an Email issue; Email says that it is a Communication isse; communication says that it is a Wireless issue, and Wireless says it is a FIOS issus, and the circle begins agains.  I have been on 3 separate chats for a total of over 5 hours, tech support 3 times for 4 hours, and still not resolved.  I am able to get email via Webmail, but I need the emails to flow to my phone automaticaly as they had done 3 weeks ago. Verizon, will you please HELP?!!

0 Likes
mommang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got help through one of the forums.  I hadn't been able to receive my email at home on my wireless since Sept. 17 o my mac mail or my iphone but could get my mail on my iphone via LTE.  My ISP was blacklisted for some reason.  Whoever I was working with through the forum had my number whitelisted again.  I did see somewhere in this thread about a form to have your ISP whitelisted.  May be worth a try.  

0 Likes
Frustratedman

OK, maybe i am clueless, but WHY do I have to go to my ISP and get whitelisted?  Also, how does one get whitelisted?  A simple phone call to the ISP?  A simple phone call to Verizon, kindly asking them to contact the ISP to be put on a whitelist?  I'm lost over the process

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was really hopeful that that thread was finally a fix, but I tried both suggestions and got nowhere. I'm glad some people are getting this worked out, but there's still clearly a verizon-wide problem that is leaving many of us high and dry.

0 Likes