Re: No response from - pop.verizon.net - or - smtp.verizon.net -
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who is your internet provider? Is it Time Warner?

0 Likes
BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not to worry Limarie, you're not alone!  I still have the same exact issue that I started this thread with...  I've tried everything mentioned in this thread, including the whitelist and still haven't got anywhere.

The last thing I did was send an email to abuse@verizon.net and explained my situation, the steps I've taken over the last 24 days and begged for assistance.  No reply from them yet.

Wish there was a way we could contact the email team directly...

0 Likes
AppleR112

I'm a Verizon customer... Landline, Intenet and Wireless and I too can't send mail from my email client - Windows Live Mail.

Four days ago i tried to contact technical support... I got the pre-recorded message, "We are aware of the email difficulties. Your service will return tonight by 8:00 pm."  I'm still waiting.

0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, taxman23, I'm Time Warner. I saw on another thread that you're also Time Warner and got it solved? Please tell us how!?

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3
The problem was that Verizon had restricted time warner's public IP address for me. I called Verizon and they created a repair ticket to release my IP address (which I gave them) in 24 hours it was fixed.
AppleR112

I just got off of the phone with a "Live" body at Tech Support, who asked to take remote control of my PC and Windows Live Mail.

Hitherto I could receive mail, but not send mail from my email client. It turns out that my email settings given to me, when I started my "High Speed Internet", are no longer applicable.  The names of my "incoming" and "outgoing" mail servers have been changed ( I guess by Verizon), as well as the Incoming and outgoing Port #s respectively.

Incoming Mail - pop.verizon.net

Outgoing Mail - smtp. verizon.net

Port #'s

Outgoing (smtp) - 465

Incoming (pop3) - 995

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much, Taxman. Did you have to ask for someone/something special after calling the support line? The live techs I've talked to never seemed to have any ideas. 

I'm hopeful again!

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3
No. He just wrote up a ticket giving the IP address of TWC that was causing the problem and told them to release the restriction.
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cool--thanks again. I'll post how it comes out. Maybe this is the answer everyone's been looking for...

0 Likes
sydneyrachel3
Enthusiast - Level 1

PLEASE how did you get them to do this?? They're saying that they cannot...

0 Likes