No response from - pop.verizon.net - or - smtp.verizon.net -
BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use Outlook to get to my Verizon email.  On Wednesday 9/17/14, mail went down as I was unable to connect to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net.  WebMail was also unavailable as I was unable to log in sucessfully.

On Friday 9/19/14, support told me "there was an outage and I should try again in 24 hours".

On Sunday 9/21/14, I was able to get to WebMail, but I am still unable to connect via Outlook...

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: No response from - pop.verizon.net - or - smtp.verizon.net -
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please refer to this thread to see if it resolves your issue:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/m-p/744863

0 Likes
BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Lawrence.  I did try this, but was unable to get logged in to myverizon.com/enetrmypin with my account.  However, I'm on with Verizon tech support now and we have manually reset the password to no avail...

They are trying to open a ticket for me now so I don't have to start over the next time I call in.

Tech support did say ther are having problems with Verizon mail, but that is all I know at the moment.  I will reply to this with any solutions I hear about...! 

Marte1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue for the same time period. I am able to access my accounts, even reset password to no avail. Have tried other computers and software at multiple locations. Always get server time outs, no response from server.

limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having a version of the same problem. Starting last Wednesday, I couldn't access email from either my desktop Mail icon or webmail via my home (Time Warner) wireless. I could from my phone using public or other wifi networks--but not my home account. Webmail came back up on Friday. Verizon told me there was an outtage but it was back up.

I tried to reinstall email on my ipad from home but got a message that the POP server pop.verizon.net isnt responding.

The Time Warner tech spent a ton of time with me and concluded that when TW tries to connect to the verizon server, it doesn't recognize it as valid. This isn't something TW can address--it was able to recognize the server just fine prior to Wednesday.

Is there another verizon server to try? Please help--webmail is only a temp solution for me. Thanks!

patches61

Having the same issue since last Tuesday.  40 minutes on line with live chat to no avail.  Tried the my pin thing to...cannot connect.  Has anyone gotten any answers?

0 Likes
BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

If we're all having the same problem, it is almost certainly a Verizon problem...!  Of course, after 3 chat sessions and over 2 hours on the phone with Tech Support, it was their opinion that it is an Outlook problem...  This is ridiculous as it was working fine until Wednesday and I haven't changed anything on my end.

The Tech Support guys did say that there was a "email problem", but I couldn't get any specifics.

It makes me crazy that Verizon will put users through all this unnecessary work and just admit that they have a problem.

If I hear of any solution, I'll post it!

P.S. - I'm in Northeast Oklahoma with a local DSL connection...

0 Likes
AppleR112

I'm in Brooklyn, NY. I use Windows Live Mail, and, for the past 2 days I have not been able to send out any mail. I get a "Time out", or a "Server not responding" error message and my mail sits in the outbox.

My Verizon webmail works fine; I can receive and send from my PC and cell phone.

One would think that Verizon Customer Service would advise its customers of a problem and that it would be resolved soon...NAHHHH! Wishful thinking on my part. 

0 Likes
Rick1231

We have not had email since 9-17-14  - I have been on the phone with Verizon tech help for 20 hours and they dont have a clue.   I guess Verizon is out of the email business since after 20 years they cant maintain service.

Rather pathetic excuss of a company -

0 Likes
Rick1231

This link is for billing information pin setting.  

We dont have functioning email and this link has nothering to do with resetting it.  Why doesnt anyone at Verizon know how to reset the email?

0 Likes