Not able to access email on thunderbird
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

Since around 8pm last night, I have not been able to access email through thunderbird on any of my computers.  I am posting that here, since no one takes responsibility for email anymore with FIOS.  Please pass this along to whoever can fix this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Not able to access email on thunderbird
Rwhaynes

Same issue here..happened last week too...I didn’t do a thing-it ‘fixed’ itself...it’s out again today...

0 Likes
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

After I wrote that,  it came back.  But, it is inconsistant.  FIOS needs to set something up so we can have someone to contact when this happens.  AOL told me that I would have to pay 6.50 a month for assistance.  That is absurb, since it is part of my FIOS package.

0 Likes
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

This morning AGAIN....no access to email.  Verizon owes it to its customers to do something about this.  They own AOL.  Make the situation right.  Have someone who is responsible for email.  Verizon owns this service no matter who they outsource it to.  Take responsibility and resolve this mess!

tptexas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Thunderbird, too. Right now I have a grand total of 3 new messages in my inbox. The error message I get is usually "Sending of password for user tptexas did not succeed. Mail server pop.verizon.net not responding. [SYS/TEMP] Server error. Please try again later."

I really can't afford this inconvenience, and there doesn't seem to be any place to go to get help. It doesn't make sense to have to pay AOL extra for technical help with something that should be a basic service. Grr. 

Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

What resolved the issue for me...to get thunderbird to work.  I have to sign into mail.aol.com with my verizon email and password.  Send a test email to myself.  Then, thunderbird works.  Why this happens?  I have no clue, but that does resolve the issue.  I have to do it daily.

Pretorien

I have experienced the same problem.  I use Thunderbird and between one and 5 or 6 times a day,  I will get a "failure to connect"  message asking me to enter a new password.  I click on the box and a screen with my current password appears - click and it goes through.

This is clearly a Verizon/AOL problem, not a Thunderbird issue.  I have 3 other email accounts tied to 3 web sites that I own and this problem never occurs with them.

0 Likes