Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Not receiving all emails

superrachel
Contributor
Contributor

Not receiving all emails

Message 1 of 4
(3,411 Views)

I am not recieving all of my emails. I became unemployed a few months ago and I have had several prospective employers have tried to send me emails to my verizon email address and I never get them. When that does not work I have them forward to my yahoo email instead. I have tried to get assistance with this and I keep getting referred to the on line help

3 REPLIES 3
somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Not receiving all emails

Message 2 of 4
(3,373 Views)

@superrachel wrote:

I am not recieving all of my emails. I became unemployed a few months ago and I have had several prospective employers have tried to send me emails to my verizon email address and I never get them. When that does not work I have them forward to my yahoo email instead. I have tried to get assistance with this and I keep getting referred to the on line help

Are the senders getting any type of error? What happens if you send a test message to yourself?

You should check your settings:

On the My Account page:
1. Mail Forwarding - Make sure it says "Off"
2. Email Storage - Make sure this is at less than 99%

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

Hope this helps!

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
janc1947
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(3,356 Views)

I am having the same trouble and a friend who is an expert programmer says that the fault is with Verizon. 

He wrote:

If you get to the Verizon postmaster ask about the HLO command.

Standard email handshaking is HELO/EHLO . The command issued starting with HLO is not understood by my mail server.

This doesn't mean much to me but hopefully the Verizon postmaster can fix it; however I don't know how to get it to him.

Mikef
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(3,237 Views)

i'm not recieving some emails either.....for example emails from redbox. I should have recieved one today, but didnt. I checked the online web email, it wasnt there either. I'm getting test emails from yahoo, which i sent, to my verizon email address. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.